• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you and I both know, the ghost is me; Puce
    you and I both know, the ghost is me

The ocean-side Kingdom is a far cry from the Tundra where so grew up, but it is easy to love. She wanders the very edge of the water, occasionally lowering her nose to the surf and keeping an eye on the colt somewhere on the shore with her. It has been some time and he is much more mobile now, the months giving him control of his long legs and ungainly foal body. Soon, she hopes that he will find his way to playing with the other foals she has seen around the Kingdom. His aunt, technically, and several other colts. She does worry, though, about the way he looks.

From a distance, Puce is handsome. Dark, probably going to be black, framed in purple mane and tail. But up close, she knows already that he is afflicted with the same condition that she had for a long time, the condition that had so repulsed her mother. The skin that flakes and falls away, only to regrow; the inability to keep weight on…the reckoning had made her look normal at the same time that it had stolen her other abilities, but this year she had seen many foals already resplendent with traits, and her son is now different from them – except that while they are blessed, Puce has been cursed with this condition.

Speaking of…she lifts her head and calls to him, because he is almost out of sight, chasing some insect or flight of fancy. Cassady worries about him. She supposes that is normal, the worry, the heart-stopping moments when she is sure he has fallen or disappeared or been injured. It is like the way that Brennen has always looked at them, even if they didn’t ever rate that sort of attention from mother. “Puce!” she calls again, trying to bring him back to her side. She’d promised to introduce him to more family today, either Brennen or Carwyn, whomever she comes across first, but she won’t be able to if he has wandered away. 

@[Lena] / @[Puce]

what makes you think I'm enjoying being led to the flood?

He was happy to be here, home. Frolicking about the obsidian coast, and playing upon the rocky green hillsides. But most of all he was happy to be with his momma. He had tried to make friends, to branch out to other children in the playground. But they all seemed to fear him, but why? He was just like them, right? Momma said he was perfect, and handsome, but why didn't they think so? He just wanted to play after all, with friends. To kick up his heels and chase after butterflies, with his own little gang stampeding behind him. Was it too much to ask? 

So instead, our handsome little zombie boy plays about on his lonesome. Chasing butterflies and seabirds, upon the coast, and galloping through fields of salty seagrass. That was his fun, but today momma had promised him something, he had always been curious about his family after all, and so momma promised just that, she was going to introduce him to some of his family members. For puce, that jut meant more friends, and he was excited. But whilst his excitement encompassed his body he found himself chasing after a rather vibrant colored monarch butterfly, gliding upon the Nerine's coastal wind. The small creature, fluttered it's wings as it soared, and of course Puce followed, galloping after it, one foot after the other, just like momma taught him. Until he realized, where's momma? She was just here wasn't she? 

He stops in place, pausing in his play, petite ebony lobes flickering, listening for those sweet vocals of hers, and of course his name rings out clear as day as always. And he follows, fun speed ahead, hooves clattering upon the ground harshly, as he catches up to her. "I'm right here momma!" He exclaims, as he comes up beside her, lavender tail stirring at his inky hocks. "Momma, you can't believe the butterfly I just chased! It was so bright, and orange! And it flew really high, but I almost caught it!" He shouts, happy grin fitted smugly upon his velvet lips as he recollects about the butterfly he had been chasing.

His hazel gaze meets hers, "Momma who are we gonna be meeting?" He inquires, excitement engulfing his body once more at the thought.

we've got another thing coming undone

So cute <3
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    Carwyn is not as settled into Nerine as her father, but she is happy here. It is quiet, most times, and soothing, and pleasant. Some time she will need to find something useful to do but for now, she simply lives. Sometimes she misses parts of her old life, mostly parts of her family, but it isn't so bad. Still, she can't help but feel her heart leap when she spots a familiar purple silhouette and immediately turns that way, letting the breeze carry her to the duo, landing before them with a friendly whicker.

"Cassie!" the blue roan made touches her sister first, a nose pressed to the other mare's neck as she breathes in the familiar scent. Carwyn had pretty much given up hope that her angry sister would join them here, and she is more than excited to have almost all of their little family back together again (though if she knew they had yet another younger sister somewhere, still experiencing their mother's dubious parenting skills, she would be less pleased). "It took you long enough to come," the chiding is gentle, soft like the expression in her brown eyes, which widen as she suddenly seems to remember the boy at her sister's side.

It is easy enough to see that he is her son. For one, he has purple in his mane and tail very much a matching shade to Cassie's but beyond that, Carwyn knew her sister Before. Before the reckoning, when the purple girl had looked much like him, flesh refusing to stay firmly attached and something haunted in her eyes that never went away. She smiles at him, too, reaching out her muzzle to bump his shoulder ever-so-gently in greeting. "Hullo, she breathes out, voice warm smooth, like honey from a bee's nest. "I'm your Aunt Carwyn."
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin

what makes you think I'm enjoying being led to the flood?

Momma hans't said anything about her family to him, if anything they could be complete strangers. But the little zombie boy new better, if anything this whole new family thing sparked hope in the purple maned boy, that he would have friends and someone to play with besides momma. Momma was great and all, she always gave him compliments, and played with him every now and then, but he wanted something more.

So as a winged figure finds it's way into his view the little boy shouts, "Momma look!" He leaps up playfully brushing his rump against her side, hoping to raise her spirits in some sort of play. His gaze fixating upon the huge set of wings placed on either side of the the horse that was coming towards them, and he couldn't help himself but glance at his own sides. Hoping that maybe, just maybe a pair of wings would magically appear at his sides, but it seems he wasn't lucky enough to have been gifted them. 

So instead the little boy raises his petite velvet muzzle towards his momma's ears, "Momma, I want wings like her." He whispers in a rather pouty like manner, as the winged equine reaches the pair. She reaches out towards momma, and the little boy steps back nervously, and scuttles behind his mother shyly. Allowing his ebony cranium to peak out from the entanglement of his mother's purple tail, in a rather curious manner, contradicting with his shy display. 

And so he creeps out of hiding, the sweet little lavender maned boy leans upon his mother's side, lanky limbs still quite unstable.. But when the winged horse comes towards him bumping him on the shoulder with her muzzle, every muscle upon his body flinches, and he scuttles backwards before she can introduce herself. And the minute she speaks the word aunt he returns, prancing forwards, his hazel gaze fixed upon His aunt Carwyn, and with a soft voice he responds,"Hello.." He pauses allowing his eyes to flicker about curiously before fixing upon his aunt. "I'm Puce." He states, a little louder offering up his muzzle to his aunt.

we've got another thing coming undone

Utter crap, I'm so sorry I'm currently writing words on the fly xD