• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Nayl
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    His luck hadn’t been the best with the Army. Not that he had given up, not by a long shot, but his first attempt to gather them together and figure out what was what had ended with him and Djinni having a brief meeting but nobody else. Which certainly wasn’t because Nerine was empty (because it wasn’t!), and surely not all of them could be peacekeepers or mere residents? Though of course, he knows many of them are just young.

A glance back at his own youngest, the winged girl bouncing along in his wake as usual. Bristol is one who matches him, bay and winged, though she has a startling ability to change the way her wings look on a whim. Today she has dark feathery wings like him, half-spread at her sides because he has promised to teach her something new about flying if she can patiently wait until he is done talking to Nayl.

Brennen has nothing positive to report about the Army, but he has other things to offer up to his Queen. His large family that has started to fill up her shores, for one, grown by three now that Cassady has finally arrived with her son and of course his little Bristol, but something else that makes his heart beat faster, hinting at a sense of purpose on par with his gone-forever Tundra. Many years he has spent raising children, his own and their children and strangers, but never in such an official and far-reaching capacity as this promises to be.

Amet wanted a place for young people to be safe, and Brennen has embraced the idea fully.
    She is the only thing that could stand in the way, because he is nothing if not loyal to the things he loves, and he has started to give a piece of his heart to Nerine. It is not home, not yet, but it has the possibility of being home, and Brennen will not surrender that easily. Not when he has finally started to gather his family again, safe and happy, and for the first time since his own childhood abandonment has started to feel comfortable with the constant sound of waves in his head. If Nayl were to disapprove of him splitting his time guiding the residents of the Lake with whatever he needs to do for Nerine, he might give up the fledging idea before it has the chance to fly.

Finally he catches sight of the Queen, and he calls Bristol back to his side, sliding his muzzle fondly down her neck and to the tip of one silky wing. “Remember, polite. This is not one of your aunts, whom you can demand to play with you.” They’re not Bristols aunts, really more like Bristol’s nieces or cousins, but some relationships are just better simplified by a term that means family and is more age-appropriate. When he gets her nod of agreement, Brennen calls to Nayl and covers the last of the ground to bring the three of them together, nodding at the pied mare politely. “Do you have a moment, Nayl? I’ve had someone bring me an interesting proposition I’d like to run by you.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Aeris]/@[Nayl] no rush, just for when you get back from your trip. <3 Brennen and Amet may move ahead for the sake of time and we'll fudge this timeline a bit but just wanted them to actually have the conversation for posterity.

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; Nayl - by Brennen - 04-16-2017, 08:56 PM