• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Birthday babies! -x
    Name: Canaan
    Breed: Hybrid
    Color: Amber cream champagne (Ee/Aa/nCr/nCh)
    Traits/Defects: Wind manipulation, wings, immortality*
    Genetic Code: tegteg [IMMORTALITY*][WIND MANIPULATION][WINGS][moderate size manipulation][moth control] 
    Played by Krys

Name: Circinae
    Breed: Hybrid
    Color: Forest Green with navy blue mane and tail
    Traits/Defects: Wolf shifting, water teleportation
    Genetic Code: tegteg [WOLF SHIFTING] [WATER TELEPORTATION] [firebreathing] [cracked appearance]
    Played by Calcifer

Offspring:

Calcifer & I have approval for twins, courtesy of Cassi.  Heart  

I would like to use my gender pick for a colt named Corvus.
    Name is unknown in the database and reserved by me.

Calcifer would like to use her gender pick for a colt named Crevan.
    Name is unknown in the database and reserved by me.

Circinae used with permission from Calcifer.

Thank you so much.
    (NA, NA, NA, 57)

Corvus
    Male
    Hybrid
    Dunskin (Ee/aa/nCr/Dd) with hunter green dorsal stripe and mane/tail
    Caanan x Circinae
    Twin to Crevan, wind manipulation, moth control
    tegteg [WIND MANIPULATION] [MOTH CONTROL] [wings] [fangs] [water teleportation] [firebreathing]
    Played by Krys
    Due May
    Breedable in September

(NA, NA, NA, 86)

Crevan
    Male
    Hybrid
    Amber champagne (Ee/aa/nCh) with navy mane/tail
    Caanan x Circinae
    Twin to Corvus, wolf shifting, fire breathing
    tegteg [WOLF SHIFTING] [FIREBREATHING] [wind creation] [wings] [moderate size manipulation] [water teleporation]
    Played by Calcifer
    Due May
    Breedable in September
    They're so gorgeous, thank youuuu! <3

Quick question - would the dorsal striping on Corvus make him a dunskin/dun?
    I was always under the impression buckskins require a dun factor for primitive markings.

I'm learning. Big Grin
    Thanks lovelies!
    Shit you're right. I edited it. I always thought buckskins had dorsal stripes...learn something new every day
    Hahah, thank you love, I appreciate. <3
    (Butting in for a second because fun facts.)

Actually, buckskins CAN have a dorsal stripe. Here, grabbed a quote from the AQHA color coat genetics guidebook (https://www.aqha.com/media/16137/geneticsbook.pdf):
    "IF A BUCKSKIN HAS A DORSAL STRIPE, DOESN'T THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE IT A DUN?
    This question is age-old, and depending on where one lives, DUN and BUCKSKIN are used interchangeably. At one time, AQHA did follow the ‘dorsal stripe equals DUN’
    philosophy. However, current information through genetic research reveals that the dorsal stripe may exist as a characteristic all its own and is not related to the DUN gene.
    This is the same type of dorsal stripe which may affect BAYS, SORRELS, CHESTNUTS, and any non-DUN diluted horse. Even though the base colors of a DUN and a
    BUCKSKIN may be identical, they are genetically the result of two separate dilution genes. A BUCKSKIN will never have zebra stripes on the legs. (See DUN)"

Corvus couldn't be dun, because neither of his parents carry the Dun gene. Buckskin is correct. ^_^ Unless Circinae's coloring somehow masks hers, but if that were the case I'd expect she'd be forest green with navy blue points and primitive markings.
    That's what I thought too, but so many sources online say the exact opposite -

"Buckskins are very similar to duns, however, buckskins do not have a dorsal stripe or other “primitive” markings that are shown in the dun color." - Equine Life Solutions

"The AQHA has sent out an advisory to its members that they have a new definition of dun and buckskin, to whit: duns have dorsal stripes, buckskins do not." - Equiworld.net

Then again, we live in a land of magical ponies, so he can be buckskin with a green dorsal stripe, or buckskin with no stripe, if the Krav Fairy deems it so. Tongue

I didn't mean to get technical, I was just wondering, hahah.

Thanks Sam. <3
    What I learned on a Dutch horse forum with maaaaany color breeders is that you call the strip on a buckskin (or any other non dun horse with a stripe) 'countershading'. Cause only dun's can have a real dorsal stripe, buuuut that doesnt have to be right either.

*sorry not sorry for butting in* ♡
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.