• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Alone in a lonely world
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Despite his attempt to avoid startling the painted mare, she is on her hooves swiftly with wide eyes and taut muscles. Amet doesn't quite know how to respond, never having been on this side of the confusion before. Used to being the one quivering in fear and searching for a way out, the young colt observes this scared intruder with blatant interest, his amber eyes warm with understanding. "My name is Amet," he offers again, quietly, "And this is my land, the Lake." He turns his gaze from the mare and regards their surroundings - the vibrant cherry blossom trees, the crystal clear lake, the brilliant blue sky - before returning his attention to his new acquaintance.

"Brennen is our Protector. He lives here sometimes, and with the Queen Nayl in Nerine," the dragon-scaled colt tosses his head, nostrils flaring at the mare's unfamiliar scent. A small part of him wants to move closer to the tattered mare, wants to find out why she is so afraid in the face of a young colt, but Amet remembers that he more closely resembles a gold and bronze dragon than a regular horse now, and on top of that, he is swiftly nearing the birthday that will make him a stallion. He has grown magnificently, here in Beqanna.

"My sister, Iset, and I claimed this land to keep young horses safe," he pauses and gives the tobiano mare a small smile, "but even though you're not a foal, you can stay here if you'd like, if you want a place to feel safe. We'd like for more horses to call the Lake home. Can you tell me your name?"

Amet

Messages In This Thread
    Alone in a lonely world - by pony1919 - 04-20-2017, 09:04 AM
    RE: Alone in a lonely world - by Amet - 04-20-2017, 04:54 PM
    RE: Alone in a lonely world - by pony1919 - 04-22-2017, 12:55 PM
    RE: Alone in a lonely world - by Amet - 04-24-2017, 07:52 PM
    RE: Alone in a lonely world - by pony1919 - 04-26-2017, 07:29 AM
    RE: Alone in a lonely world - by Amet - 04-28-2017, 07:41 PM