• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Will you catch me if I fall? [Maugrim]

Their voyage had been long but as they crossed the mountains ridge you could see all of the land for what it was.  Barren and lifeless.  Not that there wasn't life here, but that the lives here only served one purpose... To take lives...

Dark eyes scanned the area before proceeding forwards.  She looked to her company then motioned onward.  Leading them to her sanctuary along the coastline.  The vast seas spread before them in an endless existence.  Waves crawling to the beaches to break and recede.  She hadn't needed to look to him to know he had followed.  His stare upon her back was proof enough.  Coming to a stop at a highpoint where the water did not reach.  Eyes closed as she felt the sea breeze sweep her forelock from her vision...

Azazelle

Will you catch me if I fall?

Ooc: Starters stink! Lol

He doesn’t know where exactly he is journeying to, but he does know that he longs to be there. Maybe it is a quiet and desolate place where he can only hear the murmur of the ocean’s waves in his ears, where he can spend his time alone with himself without others near him. It possibly could be an overcrowded place, this Pangea, but Maugrim doesn’t mind having to scare a few spectators if it meant leaving him alone; that’s what he’s done so far in his young life and it has worked each time. He follows Azazelle obediently, but only because she had something that he wanted. There was an obvious lack of conversation as the two young horses travelled together – whether it was because the journey itself was taxing on their bodies or if it was because Azazelle couldn’t get a straight reading from the two-toned colt beside her, Maugrim didn’t know. Nor did he care. He was only thankful that she decided not to bother him.

When they finally arrive, Maugrim’s dark eyes take in the scenery around him. Barren and damp, Pangea stared back at him with an equally darkening gaze. The salt and brine hanging in the air was almost palpable, as well as other scents (hot and decaying flesh, death…all the signs of a wasteland) that he did not recognize. It was strangely quiet, which was a relief to the colt. The damp, salty breeze howls mournfully through the empty caverns and forsaken landscape, brushing Maugrim’s pearlescent and evergreen mane and forelock away from his face, ghostly fingers of comfort against his flesh.

As he continues to follow the girl (whom he had mostly forgotten about), the scenery around him changes slightly. She stops and says nothing, most likely awaiting his presence as he draws up next to her. Together they look downward into the weary, black waters that were the ocean and immediately Maugrim knew that he would stay here. The meadow and forest did not suit him.

He watches in awe at the tumultuous waters that scrape against the grey shoreline, his dark green and lavender skin shivering excitedly. He licks his lips, tasting the salt in the air (as well as another taste, something he did not recognize…blood?), and eagerly takes a step forward, drawn to the ocean’s strength and power. He hesitates for a moment, brow furrowing. Maugrim would never admit it, the grandeur of the ocean – something he had never witnessed - suddenly frightened the young colt with its ferocity. Maugrim then remembers Azazelle and with a sharp turn of his head finally addresses her. Of course, there was no ‘thank you’ given to her for leading him to Pangea safely and successfully. It was a command:

“You first.”

m a u g r i m.

They had traveled in silence.  Nothing but the rustle of dried foilage at their hooves were heard.  Moving at a steady pace as she led him to her birthplace as he had wished... Or commanded more so.  The rough edged evergreen colt nipped at her heels.  Eager to see this ocean she had spoke of.  It was the only moment in which his eyes lit in a none aggressive manner.  She hoped it would be to him everything it was for her...

Where she stood now, before the mass of untameable waters, she felt free.  The salty breeze whipped about her ebony mane as she faced into the wind.  She was not a pretty horse by any means... Her colors that of the cliffs that towered above the seas.  She had no special abilities or unique patterns.  She was just... Azazelle.  The ocean had a way of releasing her from her thoughts.  Allowing her to be whatever she wished as she looked out across it.  At times she imagined what it would be like to be apart of the water.  Or.... She used to think this way.  Everything had changed recently even though she wasn't exactly sure how.  How the water had risen and conformed to her.  She wondered then if the same would happen here...

The colt had stepped forward as he investigated the alien sight.  That same spark in his eye.  She had only glanced at him with her last thoughts before he summoned her... You first... His wicked tone caught her off guard in her half daydream state.  Ebony tipped ears flicked to the sides as muzzle was brought sharply inward as if he had poked her in the nose.  Stepping forward off her sand dune and onto the white washed beaches.  Hooves sinking slightly into the sands under her weight.  Her eyes steadied on him as she walked past and towards the capping waves.  Stopping just within reach of them.  With each one crawling closer and closer.  Until the water was breaking upon her ebony legs.  She spoke in her usual kind tones "It will not harm you... If you are careful." She tried to sound assuring.  The ocean though was wild and could swallow even a grown horse without much effort...

Looking back out into the endless horizon her focus was less on him and more on her.  She ached to feel the freedom in which it promised.  Dark eyes closed at the feeling of the ocean spray upon her hide.  One day... One day she would be one with the great waters.

Azazelle

She seems saddened, or dismayed, as she stands next to him. He notices this, but she has not acted on it in a way that would be inconvenient to him, so he continues to ignore it. If she had known what was good for her, she would have left him alone in the meadow. For a moment his thoughts find their way to begin thinking about how she does not quite fit in with the landscape of Pangea, and wonders momentarily if that is why she is so disheartened at returning to the ugly grey of the shoreline.

He follows her as she moves forward without hesitation. The sand feels unfamiliar and foreign beneath his hooves, snorting with surprise at how it fell away as he walks. As they approach the shoreline, Maugrim’s head was fully erect and his nostrils flare pink. The scent of salt and dry seaweed stings as he inhales, the sound of the gloomy waves breaking hard against the grey sand loud in his ears. He realizes that she is already in the water, the spray frothing around her legs. She speaks to him, though her voice is absent and dull. Her mind is elsewhere, but Maugrim doesn’t care. Her words that were meant to be advice fell on deaf ears.

Maugrim could feel a churning in his chest, a pull from the ocean’s powerful rhythm. He joins Azazelle confidently, and even walks out a bit more than she, hungry to feel the strength and power from the tide’s pull. The water sucks at his legs, encouraging him to go deeper and submerge. He refrains, eyes rolling wildly with excitement, nostrils quivering. The young stallion holds his breath for a moment as a wave splashes against his legs so strongly that the spray hits the upper part of his neck and face. Without a thought (and without acknowledgement to Azazelle), he focuses himself onto the water. The grey and brooding waters churn in defiance, though Maugrim’s grip was relentless. The adrenaline pumping through his veins was enough to give him more strength than he had before.

Slowly and gracefully, a thin spiral of ocean water appears. It pulls itself from the waves as the rest rush past it, spinning upwards and upwards in a gentle, rhythmic twist; much like a charmed cobra swaying to the sound of a flute.  It continues to grow, malleable and whimsical beneath Maugrim’s intense stare. He’s smiling breathlessly, content and happy.

The colt begins to feel weary as he continues to try and control the water before him and before long, with a single exhale, the spiral of water falls back into the ocean and continues its natural rhythm against the shoreline. Maugrim’s eyes close, inhaling deeply the smell of the ocean before him.

He was home.

He didn’t even care to think about if there was someone who ruled over this land or this ocean. In his mind, it was his now.

m a u g r i m.

@[Azazelle]

So so sorry for such a long wait for this! Life has been crazy. <3 Also, I'm thinking that although Maugrim doesn't want any friends, that they can somehow start connecting over their love of water. Maybe she says something that he relates to and so he suddenly isn't so bristly and gruff. :3 Idk!

Ebony tassels whipped wildly as she braced herself against the gusts of sea breeze and incoming waves.  Eyes shielded from the stinging spray she hadn't noticed the colt beside her inching forwards.  Focus remained on the waves rythm as they curled into shore, broke then rejoined the mass once again.  A song to her soul on replay as she remained knee high within it's embrace..

A cry from a gull above tempted her to open her eyes.  Watching as it soared and then dove into the waves.  Escaping just barely with a fish between it's beak.  Her eyes shifted to her company.  His own eyes fixed upon the waves.  His focus demanding and as she observed something beginning to happen within the waters.  The sea green aqua was rising from the surface.  Twisting gently as it rose but kept in constant contact with it's source.  Her gaze shifted back to his face to confirm her observation and his involvement.  Suddenly his demands from the pond made sense.  He had a water gift as well, to bend it to his will.  She wished she knew how to control her gift or even knew what it really was.  Inquisitively she watched the spiral weaken and fall as his strength faultered.  A smile formed upon her lips.  She hadn't smiled much lately to be honest.  Looking to him she spoke happily, "That was very cool! I wish I could do that."  Her gaze shifted down as her smile slowly faded again.  Her words now sorrowed, "I don't  even know what my gift is..." Her thoughts ventured back to the pond and how the water had formed at her sides. How she could move the water that had formed but to what purpose she was unsure...

Azazelle

Ooc: Np Smile Hope that works for him Wink

He feels himself becoming stronger; slowly becoming more confident in his craft. The water was slowly beginning to bend itself to him. He relishes the day that with a simple look or breath he can make the water do his every whim and wish. It would become his cloak to hide from the world, as well as his weapon for destruction. As he stood nearly chest deep in the thriving and breathing waters of the shadowed world of Pangea, he only wishes that day would come sooner.

His pale mane and forelock cling desperately to his face and neck, dripping with seawater. The briny air bites his skin as the breeze shifts, winds of winter flowing from the ocean. He snorts, his pale eyes looking up at the murky clouds above him. He had almost forgotten her, but she made her presence known with a voice that was soft, but made Maugrim’s skin crawl. He tosses his head; able to keep himself planted for the moment even though the strength of the tide pulls against him. A scowl finds his the evergreen of his muzzle, lowering his head slightly and ears falling to the side, bored with her words. “It takes a lot of skill,” he responds, his gaze looking everywhere but at her own. “Only those who are strong enough can wield the power of the elements.” Still young, Maugrim had his own ideas about his power and to him, his ability was what made him stand above the rest.

She speaks again and he finds the sadness in her voice soothing. He lifts his head slightly, stretching his neck and rolling his shoulders casually. He almost ignores her, but he does not wish to leave the ocean any time soon and it appears that she doesn’t want to leave either. With an exasperated sigh and a slight eye roll, he adds: “I’m sure you’ll figure it out, a smart girl like you.” He snorts and peers at her from the side of his eyes. It had to be water, didn’t it? She couldn’t have any other element? His lips ripple as the scowl on his face deepens – what a clueless little girl.

Maugrim continues to watch the ocean as it stirs menacingly, twisting and sucking at his legs desperately. The sheer power and strength of the water kept him there, attracting him to it like a moth to a flame. “What else do I need to know about this place?” he asks, his voice ice against the unforgiving wind.

m a u g r i m.

@[Azazelle]