• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || warrick

She can see him. She can feel his frailty, wrought with pain and the sheer weight of his grief. He feels safe with her, completely free to un-cage his emotions and place them before her. She does not pry; she is careful and collected, even in the way that her soft, whiskered lips brush against the darkness of his skin, pressing warmth and comfort into each touch. He closes his eyes wearily, allowing her to fiddle with the tangled mess of his forelock, to brush her lips against the hardness of his face. He wants to tell her he’s thankful for her, tell her that the moment they are in was, though fashioned with sadness, a comfort to him and was bringing him out of a place of darkness.

Slowly, he could feel her leading him, encouraging him, promising him.

Her touch leaves his cheek and his eyes open in response, quickly finding her. She is staring out into the open ocean, her eyes darkened by the dismal and grey shoreline (or was it something else?). His brow furrows with concern, reaching out to comfort in the same way she had done for him; cobalt lips carefully trace her jawbone – hesitant and unsure, but purposeful. He lingers where her cheek meets her neck, the shudder of her exhaling breath reverberating throughout her body. He breathes quietly into her golden skin, listening to the soft sound of the feathers of her pale wings rustle in the ocean’s breeze. He knew all too well the strength it takes to cast grievous thoughts aside and it pained him to see her do the same.

She laughs. He can feel it as it rises to the surface. He smiles gently into her skin, pulling his head back momentarily to meet her gaze as she brushes aside his damp forelock. They would want him to be happy. He smiles as he thinks about this, and decides that Orani and Beyah would have very much liked Ellyse. Despite the slight smirk on his lips, he falters and it fades, brows coming together to shade his brilliant blue gaze. He almost wants to argue, disprove her theory that they are always with them. They left me here to live together amongst the stars. They chose not to be with me, he doesn’t tell her. It was too much, too soon. She would understand, he knew. She would know. She could help him.

He snorts, his gaze falling downcast as he turns away from her to stare at the frothing waters of the tide beneath them, dampening his legs even more as the tide begins to come in.

Her voice quivers, unsure and unconvincing as she answers him. No, he thinks in his mind, concern once again finding the dark lines of his face. Do not doubt. They are still woven together, two beings drawn together by their loss and grief. “You are a force to be reckoned with,” he murmurs quietly as he presses his muzzle against her once again, a bit of a sparkle in the blue of his eyes and a tiny smile twitching at the edges of his lips. He pauses for a moment, the sounds of the ocean filling the empty space, as the two of them stand together, unmoving.

“They are always with you,” he whispers into her skin, words meant only for her...and perhaps for Magnus, wherever he may be.

like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

@[Ellyse]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || warrick - by Warrick - 05-10-2017, 05:57 PM