• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    "Unlikely,"  her steely voice commented, standing stiff and still as she refused to look at him. He continued his trail of her body, her scent, aching to reach out and finally touch her. But he wouldn't. What had started as a weird little quirk of hers, a self-imposed wall of safety, was now the fence he held to keep them apart from each other. "I would think I'd be the last one you'd ever want to see."

You'd be wrong, he said simply without looking to her face, his voice hard and eyes still drinking in this sculpted body before him that he hadn't seen for years now. Even after childbirth, she remained as smooth and firm and captivating as she had been before. It wasn't that way for all women, her knew, but it figured that it would be for her. Typical.

Or immortal.
    Hm, curious.

Something I can help you with, he asked as he leveled with her, shoulder-to-shoulder with a gap of space between them. She reeled back and away, her teeth snapping at the air next to his face. He remained where he was without flinching, his smile growing and eyes darkening. He wasn't afraid she would bite him, he knew she wouldn't. That would require touching him, and she'd never do that. Amusement glittered in his dark eyes but he said nothing.

"I'm checking on my subkingdom. And to advise you that I have a second. They will be another alliance for you."

Boring.

He was bored already and reminded of the time he'd followed her to Pangea to witness just the same dull chatter. These creatures loved to speak of kingdoms and politics, as if such things made them superior to their peers that all talked and acted just like them. They were all the same. Just fodder, really. Talking fodder.

He peered at her with his perfect smile, indulging her need to raise herself above others where she was untouchable, always untouchable. A queen, an empress, a ruler of many now. It didn't make a difference to him, he could still never have her. So he stood complacent and still, played his part as some sort of king in the palm of her hand at least for the time being. Did she know he'd been trapped here, or did she think he went willingly to be at Djinni's every beck and call?

That didn't matter either, though. Djinni got lucky -or unlucky- and captured far more than she had thought. She knew it now, to some extent. So rarely came near him, it felt like. He'd bred a monster into her and tried to kill her all in the same day. Captured more than she bargained for with this decorative chain at his wrist.

Does this new kingdom have a name? Has Djinni already become familiar with them?

He didn't step toward her, though it was tempting. How interesting it would be to drift closer and closer until she forced them apart again. Maybe one day she wouldn't fight it anymore. Maybe one day she would take it herself. His heart tripped eagerly at the idea of it, but he knew it would probably never happen. She hadn't passed that invisible barrier before when they were so much closer, more intimate with each other, and she never would. Disappointing.

Was this really all she wanted to talk about? She had always been so much deeper than this, and why not just reach out to Djinni? A game in patience, then, to see where he falls in this.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 04-27-2017, 06:40 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 04-30-2017, 05:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-10-2017, 08:46 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 05-14-2017, 01:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-21-2017, 04:40 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 05-23-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-31-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 06-10-2017, 11:57 PM