• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    She breathed his name.
    Her pulse quickened.
    He was attracted to it all, and he tried to meet her eyes behind that curtain of dark hair.

"No name that I know of yet, but soon it will be announced, I imagine."
    Her heart really wasn't in this conversation, was it? It was terribly boring. Not at all like their other talks, but he could play. For a while, maybe.

He took another step closer, his breath rolling across the curve of her bare shoulder. Couldn't help it, really. He would swear she reflected his lure back at him somehow. It was maddening, and yet somehow amusing. Bittersweet, in its way. Like a game. As though he were trying to outwit himself. Then she swerved to face him and he straightened.

"At times I've wondered what would have happened had you not come here with Djinni."  He was annoyed at the implication that he'd had a choice, but she must not have known the truth. So he said nothing. Maybe that knowledge would be of use someday, but it wasn't time to play that card just yet. "But I'm more powerful now." A brief smile flashed across her lips, while his face remained expressionless, watching indifferently as he tried to puzzle out her angle. "More dangerous," she added.

Ah, a threat.

His lips curved in a slow smile, and his head tilted just slightly, black hair falling over one eye. Something you'd like to do to me, then? he asked smoothly, such a quietly sweet challenge. He stepped deliberately forward again, his head reaching precariously towards her neck and shoulder as her body heat warmed the space at his chest. So close to touching. Why did he push them this way? Couldn't help it. Curiosity. Intrigue. He still couldn't take her, so why not?

Got something on your mind, Nayl?
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 04-27-2017, 06:40 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 04-30-2017, 05:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-10-2017, 08:46 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 05-14-2017, 01:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-21-2017, 04:40 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 05-23-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-31-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 06-10-2017, 11:57 PM