• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a stranger to you; scythe
    she ain't got a care in this old weary world, she's an independent girl.
    She doesn't know what exactly she is after, but she is determined to help her home make it's mark within Beqanna. She wants to help the hill's residents to be and make the difference they sought out among the rest. Because of this she spends her days traveling through the hills, thinking of the ways to make their dreams come true along with her constant travels outside of their homeland in search of others who may want to join and attribute to their cause. 

Today is one of those days where she has remained in the hills, traveling across the hills deep in thought on how to make their dreams come true. Her short muscled legs carry her easily through the tall grasses along the hillsides, her breath slow as her lungs fill and expand with the crisp autumn air. It has been a long year, full of hard work and determination and though her efforts hadn't been as successful as she would have liked she refused to give up. For she knew that eventually her efforts would pay off. That is she could only hope...

It is in the middle of her thoughts that she comes across the other and in response she comes to a sudden stop, her head held high as she studies the stranger for a moment. His burnt golden coat is something that sticks out elegantly amongst the emerald green of the tall rolling grasses and it draws her in like a moth to a flame. With slow steady steps she approaches him carefully, her voice slipping through the silent space between them as she comes to a stop nearby.

"Hello, I'm Crota. Welcome to the Hills." Her voice is light and airy as she smiles softly in greeting. "Can I help you with anything?" Her greeting is simple and sweet, yet she has a feeling this stranger carries something interesting and worthwhile. Though what exactly that was, she wasn't sure. Though without a doubt she wanted to find out, for her curiosity was constantly churning within and driving her towards the unknown. 

Crota

@[Scythe]

WELP. I AM A SUCK AT STARTERS. WE KNOW THIS.
    Unlike him she had never seen the destruction of another world. She had yet to experience the darkness that even this one held and because of this one could say her dreams for unity and neutrality were nothing more than just that -- dreams. How she would be were she to discover the darkness is unknown. How it would change her, is something to simply be guessed upon. But one thing she knew was that were she to ever face the darkness, she would fight it every step of the way, trying her hardest to push it back, even if it killed her.

It's his half smile that draws her out of her temporary thoughts, her bright blue eyes lingering on his lips before traveling upwards to meet his gaze. It takes all of her self control to not chuckle at the way he stood there on the hillside, as tense as a compressed spring threatening to pop free of it's restraints. "You know, if you stay tense like that eventually you're going to start walking around like a penguin, having lost all your flexibility." Her voice is light, airy, with a hint of joking mixed within as a show that she meant no harm by the sarcastic statement. It slips out before he is able to introduce himself.

Though when he does, and the grin plasters across his face she finally allows herself to release a soft laugh of amusement, her own lips stretching to form a wide grin in return. "It's nice to meet you Scythe," his drawl temporarily distracts her, but not for long. "You are currently standing in my home. But if you mean the land as a whole, you are in Beqanna." It's nice to joke, to have a conversation that is different from the usual go-to nowadays and for a moment she finds herself relaxing as she studies the other. "If you'd like, you can stay here a while and I can show you around." The invitation is a simple one; he doesn't have to stay if he doesn't find it up to his standards. But he could easily call it home for the time being.

For this is exactly what she had meant the hills to be for. Not just a permanent home for many, but a temporary home for those who weren't too sure on where to go or if they felt like mainly wandering through the land of Beqanna while still having a place that was a home "base" of sorts. Glancing out over the rolling hills she watches the other residents come and go before turning her attention back to the other. "If you don't mind my asking, where did you come from, Scythe?"

Crota

His immediate question is one that makes her laugh out loud once again and for a moment she is unable to answer until finally her laughter dies down and she coughs slightly to clear her throat. "A penguin is an oval shaped bird that can't fly. It waddles when it walks..." her voice trails off as she stiffens her entire body and then proceeds to step forward with first her front left and back left leg and then again with her front right leg and back right leg in imitation of the penguin's movements. "They used to crowd the beaches in my old home during their migration patterns. They were quite funny little animals." She comes to a stop, facing him as a grin spreads once more across her features.

She wasn't ever going to be the type that turned away another because of their darkness and it could even be said that if she knew what lay beneath Scythe's surface -- within his past and memories -- she would not judge him for it. She would still be just as accepting of him as she is now. As it seemed to be her talent; the ability to accept those despite their differences and their dark filled pasts. Even if she were unknown to the darkness the world held. 

"Ah, I don't think my opinion will change. Even in a month, or a year. You might be surprised by how accepting I can be," her smile grows a bit more as she glances at him out of the corner of a pale blue eye. "Anyway, I like those who are different than me. It makes them... Oh I don't know, interesting company?" Shrugging softly she turns towards him as he chokes on his words and with a moment of silence spared between them she chuckles as he accepts her offer. "Great! Whenever you are ready, you will have to let me know of course. I am willing to show you around whenever you would like."

It's true really. She always liked the opportunity for exploration and a chance to get away from the every day tasks of being a leader and being a tour guide of the Hills or Beqanna as a whole was one of the best ways to do so. It's when his next words travel into the empty space between them bring her head swinging towards him and with a smirk she nods. "I understand that. I am simply and without shame a nosy little bee." 

Crota