• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; dovev [m]
    dovev

Every touch was another spark, another flare building on the growing fire within him. Damn, he wished he could just move. He should just move, walk away. Calm down. Get some space. He should have told her not to touch him. He was such an idiot, such a selfish bastard. It sucked that he cared, sucked that he wouldn't just taunt and tease at her until she wanted him too. Sucked that he wouldn't take her.

But he did care.

He cursed under his breath and she flinched, settled closer into his chest and whispered an apology. He shook his head mutely with eyes pinched shut, still trying to untangle the heated thoughts cycling through his mind, tugging at his body to act. He shouldn't want her this way, the cruel bastard. Just a friend, he could do that. But it got harder to believe it as her magic slid around him, wrapped his body and pulled him closer into her. Damn, that felt so fucking good. Could she not see how she was undoing him?

She stepped back and he finally, so slowly, opened his eyes and let her see it. How hot she was turning him. Barely heard, barely spoken, he begged her to command him, tell him what to do. Tell him to go away like he knew he should.

"Never. Let these be the only things that command you." She kissed his chest, just there, at his wild heartbeat, and his eyes closed with a strangled moan, frustrated with the affection and overall inaction. Then her lips touched his face, his mind, and he couldn't help but tilt his head to kiss her throat, firm but gentle despite the hungry need pushing at him to take more. His teeth pinched softly again, wishing he could stir her senses, but he swept it into a suckling kiss before letting her go.

God, she tasted good, the sweet of her skin and the salt of the sea. If only she could taste like his kisses.

For a moment, she was quiet, thinking something through maybe. In that space of time, he reminded himself to shut it off, to focus on calming this maelstrom that wanted to burn hotter not cooler. She made it easier as she finally moved away, to the spring of water. Thankfully, he stayed rooted in place, working through this mess he'd made of himself. He was definitely going to tell her not to touch him. Otherwise, she'd find out just how terrible he was and wish he'd given her another scar instead.

"Come here-" She reached for his name again, before retrying. "Come here and let me clean your wounds. I'll be gentle." He barked a quiet laugh, bitterly amused, as she waded into the water. With a shake of his head, he moved off a little ways, kept a distance between them as he waded into the water too.

Stay there, he told her firmly, adding more gently, solemnly: It doesn't hurt. A lie, maybe. The bleeding always stung him, but he was so used to ignoring it now that he hardly noticed when it was fresh and seeping again. It was nothing compared to when the plates would grow, anyway.

He ducked his head under while the natural current brushed across and cleaning the reopened wounds, coming back up again with a slap of hair against his neck. This would help cool him down, right? As long as she stayed over there. It was already a good deal calmer, he thought. Getting there. Yeah, ok. He could do this. As long as he told her, finally. He sighed, reluctant. What if she actually listened? That would suck. But was clearly for the best. For her.

You should probably not touch me anymore, he pointed out, pinning her with a direct stare. God, please take him seriously. He definitely wasn't going to fight it if she ignored him. And that probably wouldn't be good. For her. I mean, clearly I like it. FAR too much, he didn't add as he stepped back out of the water.

He shook off the excess, careful not to irritate it into bleeding again, before turning back to her. Normal places are fine. But.. Around the bone is extra sensitive, and.. I kinda can't really help it, he said with an apologetic grimace and shrug. Not that he'd really want to help it anyway, it felt damn good. Just, definitely wasn't what she needed, or wanted, and should be avoided.

His face softened as he looked at her, gesturing with a jerk of his head to come and join him again. Now that it was safer. C'mon. Let's get you inside. Tell me what happened? If you want.

From the second that I was born, it seems I had a loaded gun
    And then I shot, shot, shot a hole through everything I love

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; dovev - by Dovev - 05-03-2017, 09:48 PM