• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea; tang
    tangerine
    face to the sun

"It’s so good to see you,” he murmurs quietly, and the softness of his voice makes her lean into him. The serenity of his words touches her more than excitement would have. But there is a flicker of discontent in his eyes and she notes it, but for now, she chooses to ignore it. She is just happy to be standing here, on the edge of the known world, with her friend. He is a mystery to be solved - his meaningful looks and deep eyes.

He asks more about her journey and she happily settles into the rhythmic low voice of a teller of tales, his gentle touches to her mane lulling her into relaxation. 

"The hills were a lovely place." she sighs "There were springs in the valleys, some with water so clean and fresh I thought I was drinking from a cloud! Others were salty and deep, with little fish swimming in them, always on the move in their small worlds. And right in the middle of the territory, like an eye, is a lake. And all the hills rise from it. It is a peaceful place the air there was cool and clean." A pause "I also passed threw the forest." Her eyes lift to his for a moment, reading. " I've never seen a place so secretive. The trees seemed to watch me as I passed threw, it was quite the opposite of the Hills. I never knew what or who would be around the next bend. The nettles were so think on the ground in places I seemed to be sprung up with every stride! I smelt others now and then, but I tried to stay as quiet as possible while still moving quickly. I didn't want to meet anything unknown in the gloom there. And normally I am always glad to make a stranger a friend! But the place was dark, darker than the night should be." Another pause, as she pictures the place so vividly. "But here I have made it sound so dismal! Despite all of that, it was still enchanting in its own way." thinking of the foreboding forest with interest she let the sound out the wind and the wave linger between them. 

Momentarily her heart sinks as he pulls away from her, but the look on his face quickly heals her disappointment and a smile break out across her feminine features. "It's been dreadfully boring here with your absence" she gives him a playful nip on the neck, satisfied with his answer even if it doesn't give her much information. Her lips linger, to groom his shoulders. Her mouth filling with salt. The warm contentment she feels by is side is becoming a familiar and welcomed feeling. 

Before them the sun sets and her ambitions rise. Their second sunset together. 

The painted mare stands next to him, against him, leaning her lesser weight into his supportive side.  His flanks, hardened by his journeys, do not give when she leans her hips against him. She is glad she found him here. She is glad they are alone. There is more she wants to talk to him about - so much more. But tonight, as they once again find themselves alone,  wrapped together in twilight she is drunk off the fat of the moon- rising full, golden and fertile above the watery horizon. 

She wants to ask, but doesn't know how. She hopes the silence and the burning in her touch is enough to let him know how she feels. In her belly was something akin to sickness, but unlike sickness she wished the feeling would never leave her. Tang reaches her mouth to the soft place where his jaw meet his throat and tasted the spices there. She tries to pull away, but her greedy mouth is seeking more. 

Consequences didn't cross her mind. Her ideals were still those of her homeland and she didn't stop to consider if things may be different here. The traveling horses of her home did not regard love, sex, as a guarded resource. Her many half brothers and sisters are testament to that. Love was something you could give without losing anything yourself. A flame doesn't burn any less brilliantly if it lights another. 

If Warrick pulled back, she would stay where she was and respect the distance. Her anticipation was building, as her lips reached the base of his ear... but if this wasn't what he wanted she would would feel no shame in her forwardness with him. Her feelings ruled her and she felt the fraud when she hid them. 

Ahhh it's spring already

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea; tang - by Tangerine - 05-16-2017, 10:27 AM