• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Is this how it was meant to be? Amet; any

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

The palomino filly seems to have noticed him before he noticed her, but she doesn’t speak. Ivar hesitates after his introduction, his dark eyes roving her face uncertainly, but before he can break what is almost an awkward silence, she finally replies.

When she steps closer, pressing her cheek to his, the colt stills. She spins away with a laugh and Ivar smiles, but remains where he stands on the bank rather than follow. A few months ago he’d have cavorted merrily after her, childlike.

He is learning, it seems, he is growing.

The tobiano colt does trace the path of her attention, finding a third horse. When he meets the gaze of the bright bay stallion, Ivar smiles. The older male looks friendly enough, even if the shimmer of his metallic hide is almost enough to make Ivar squint his dark eyes.

Amet introduces himself to the younger pair, and Ivar wonders briefly if this is the leader that had replaced Kylin’s father as guardian of the lake. It doesn’t really matter, he supposes, though Ivar hadn’t known that the place had been reoccupied since the amethyst family’s departure.

“I’m not really a fish,” he tells Amet, but he is not bothered about having to clarify. “I just like the water.”

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Is this how it was meant to be? Amet; any - by Ivar - 05-27-2017, 01:41 PM