• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any)
    kharon
    He was quickly becoming Ischia's very own welcoming party. He was typically the first to sense new travelers, feel their thoughts brush against his mind long before anyone could lay eyes on them, though his magic was kept secret. Only his two sisters and one of his fathers knew of it, and he intended to keep it that way. He'd seen how easily it could hurt people, and it was best not to spread the knowledge. Any knowledge.

So he wasn't surprised to be the first to find this wanderer either. He walked with unusual grace he'd probably inherited from his father, caught at an age somewhere between a boy and a man. In most places, his medium-length hair still stood on end, tousled by the salty sea breezes. An iron medallion hung heavily about his neck, a work of art displayed proudly against his chest.

He smiled easily when he saw her, a girl with similar colors to young Allure. She romped about the shore in carefree joy, beautiful in a wild and natural way. He was entirely at ease as he paused to watch her, taking comfort that her thoughts were so pure and kind. It was so rare that anyone thought so simply in genuine happiness. Even the sweetest people had the occasional corrupt imaginings, but she had yet to think of any such things and he was content just to watch her enjoy herself.

He understood. He loved the island too.

He half-rose on his back legs, lavender and white wings flapping with her infectious excitement, then launched himself downhill to join her, racing enough distance at her side to allow his wings the freedom they needed. They always pumped at the air as he ran, an instinct that hadn't yet manifested in actual flight. But he kept that a secret, too. It was embarrassing to have such glorious appendages and not know how to use them.

When they stopped, he paused, watching her with smiling gray eyes.
    "Hi. You're not from here, huh? Are you visiting?" He was a little breathless, and curious, and he offered his name next. "I'm Kharon. And the other that looks like me-" He glanced around to see if his twin was near, but quickly returned his attention to her. "-is Kylin, my sister. I bet she'd like you. What's your name?"
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any) - by Zhenga - 05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
    RE: This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any) - by Kharon - 05-23-2017, 11:37 PM