• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    ”Swimming?” Castile glances just past Ivar toward the gurgling river before leveling on the boy’s face again, ”like, swimming underwater? You should swim on the beach sometime! I’m a little reluctant to try it so maybe you can teach me one day.” He merrily returns the smile and tries to fathom the skill set were he able to do it. ”That’s really neat!” They both succumb to their childish innocence, embracing their ignorance and lack of responsibility in this world. Their greatest ventures now are just mastering flying and swimming like their fathers before them.

”Just imagine,” he murmurs with a thoughtful look in his eyes, his imagination running rampant as the words excitedly spill past his lips, ”if you were Master of the Waters and Oceans, and I was Master of the Sky.” Earth and Heavens would be theirs, readily at their feet as they aged as unrelated brothers. Mother wants them to be friends, that it would be good for him and beneficial. “Djinni and I are friends,” she had advised with a smugness in her voice that he nodded to. Forming friendships required socializing more often which he isn’t entirely apt to do.

Ivar, however, is easy to get along with.

A boyish laugh springs from him as his wings unfurl. He runs a large circle, the wind tousling his locks, ”Kings of Beqanna! Unstoppable!” Immeasurable dreams, impossibilities that are never perceived by a child. They think they can do anything, achieve anything. They see life as a merry little thing with no qualms or pain. While so young, they are oblivious to the truths contained in the silent walls of Beqanna.

Coming to a pause, Castile’s smile falters. His head shakes. ”No. Mother wants me in Hyaline for now. She thinks it would be good for me since Nerine is dominated by girls.” It had broken him to hear her usher him away, but he accepted it; he knew mother had his best interests at heart. Isobel will remain in Nerine to fulfill her duties. ”And you? Surely you will roam outside of Sylva?” With the myriad of scents clutching desperately to Ivar’s coat, Castile can already calculate how nomadic his companion has been already.

almost a month later and I remembered this thread... I suck :|

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 05-18-2017, 08:48 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 10:43 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 05-22-2017, 08:40 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 05-29-2017, 12:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 06-18-2017, 08:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM