• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this war is mine - stillwater
    Stillwater
    He tried to walk away, stepped into his home of damp darkness where she likely wouldn’t feel inclined to follow. Only to be bludgeoned with blinding sunlight as the cave vanished at her wish.

His muscles coiled and tensed, immediately annoyed as he bit back a growl, but he remained where he was. He wouldn’t turn to her. Not that it mattered. He half expected her to blink and appear before him, but no. Stomp, stomp, stomp, and she was there rounding him to lock him in place with those violently green eyes. The blue-gray of his own narrowed. He liked the brown better. Didn’t care to say so just then.

A secret thrill of fear zipped down his spine and prickled at his cool skin. He wasn’t stupid. She was powerful and pissed. Bad things happened when she was pissed. Bad for him, anyway. What would she do next? Although, here lately, she often opted on just vanishing. Running away. She would always be unpredictable and he couldn't decide if he loved or hated that. He probably hated it.

"I didn't want you to listen to me," she said, and immediately he knew what she referred to.
    Then say what you mean, he snapped back, clamping his mouth over the bite in his voice. The irritation felt like a million needles being stabbed into him, all along his back and his ribs. The sensation only irritated him further and he scowled at those vibrant green eyes in silence.

"Do you even want to be here?" she asked, and they were plunged into darkness once again as she magicked the cave back again. "Or are you only here because I brought you?"

He did growl then, low and almost inaudible, just a subtle rolling of gravel in his throat. It was hard not to wonder how successful he might be at trying again to kill her. Though, he assumed now his only progress in that area had only been because she’d chosen to allow him to. Why had she done that? To show him how futile it was to try? To make him think he could and then snatch it away? To see if he’d really go through with it? Well, he would. But he wasn’t foolish enough to try again.

Of course, I’m here because you brought me, he snarled back, his voice dangerously low. What kind of a question was that? He’d been perfectly happy in Nerine, had just secured his cave and the complete freedom to do whatever the hell he wanted in there without any repercussions whatsoever. And why the hell did she keep asking him what he wants?

His eyes cooled as he fell silent. Pensive, thoughtful.
    Oh, that was rich.

He smiled, slow and smooth, and his voice fell soft for her as he stepped forward, drawing his muzzle down that familiar shoulder to her hip. Am I to believe you care about me, Djinni? She cared what he wanted, was that it? Did she care what made him happy? Or was it something else? Did she want to know if he would rather be back in Nerine? If he’d rather see Nayl, maybe? If he wanted to escape, or wanted his freedom? What was it?

His eyes met hers as he rounded slowly to her other hip, just barely resting his lips against her skin.
    What are you really asking? he whispered.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-20-2017, 05:59 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-20-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-21-2017, 11:29 AM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-23-2017, 08:38 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-24-2017, 10:14 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-27-2017, 09:09 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-29-2017, 12:28 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-31-2017, 01:29 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 06-10-2017, 11:20 AM