• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this war is mine - stillwater
    Stillwater
    She startled at his touch, turning slightly-wider brown eyes to him. Brown again, the damned woman. Why does she startle at his touch? Did she not want him to touch her at all? Even this small part? It burned in his throat like a hard liquor, but he continued anyway as she stilled under his attention. At least she hadn’t vanished yet, though she probably would at the slightest provocation. She was always disappearing.

She stared silently at the wall as he drew his mouth over her, along her hip and slowly over the curve of her rump to her other hip, stepping behind her and around. It had no affect on her. Still she stood, refusing to look at him. Was it disgust at his touch, now? Allowing him this just to humor him? He hated how confusing she was. Every time he tried to get close, she ran away. Every time he pulled back, she appeared again. Back and forth, they danced, and it was maddening. Was it her way of reminding him who he belonged to? Was it the tug on his leash, Remember me?
    How could he forget.

Do you love me?

His skin cooled as he immediately removed the contact. He took his time quietly walking to her shoulder, his gut roiling uncomfortably, reaching his muzzle to nearly touch her neck as he made his way around to face her. He carefully refrained from brushing against her again. Maybe he’d always be attracted to her scent, her skin. It still urged him to dig at her walls, her armor. He ached to know all of her, and that, too, was maddening. What more was there to her? What else was she keeping from his hungry eyes? Throwing that word at him, love, was that a tool as well?

He stopped before her and stared into those damned earthy eyes, barely ignoring the desire to tilt her chin to him. What game was she playing at now?

Do you ever wonder if I'll attack you again? he asked suddenly, his tone flat. It hadn't been what he'd meant to ask, but it would do for now. He almost didn't expect her to answer, though. They had a habit of side-stepping each other's questions, neither one willing to step into that vulnerable light called Truth.

His eyes dulled and he took a step back, his smooth voice falling quieter though his expression was still blank and unreadable.

Do you keep me only because you know I am capable of protecting them?
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-20-2017, 05:59 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-20-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-21-2017, 11:29 AM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-23-2017, 08:38 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-24-2017, 10:14 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-27-2017, 09:09 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 05-29-2017, 12:28 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-31-2017, 01:29 PM
    RE: this war is mine - stillwater - by Djinni - 06-10-2017, 11:20 AM