• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a kiss with a fist is better than none[any]
    a kiss with a fist is better than none

She credits herself with making an effort before coming to the field. She had met dark haired boy with a flashing smile and glittering eyes. They played and kidded and then she had left. Nikoline had hid from the changes that beqanna consitently threatened the residents with. She had bunkered down to ride out the storm.

But now, in that nice place she had met Dahmer, she could no longer find. The little lamb had become wayward and been tossed to the wolves.

Poor thing.

Niko returns to the field. She knows that her fate is no longer her own if there should be someone to take interest in her pretty hide but maybe a strange face and foreign name could be just enough to satisfy the ache in her belly. A few mouthfuls of tender grass are gathered as she waits for an invitation of any nature.

The sound of robins call to her, a smile touching her features as she chews. There is some ease in her mind that with the season of spring comes the elimination of being raped and foaling. The field would be bustling with pregnant mares and questioning children this time of year but niko pays them all no mind as she walks between the bodies, seeking a place along the edge of equines to find some quiet.

nikoline

1) i hate starter posts
    2) feel free to force claim if you like :p
    … curiosity killed the cat &
    satisfaction brought him back
    Winter has bid them adieu once more, giving way to a Beqanna spring and Lucrezia's round, bulging belly. Admittedly, the black beast had been avoiding his Queen since the realization that she had found herself a suitor -- but is it really in his right to complain, having refrained from telling her his feelings all this time?

His face is drawn into something troubled as he meanders through the Field, but that doesn't stop his brilliant blue eyes from roving the familiar land in search for lonely equine. He spots a few but they do not pique his interest (our lovely Dahmer is feeling finicky today, I suppose), and just as he is on the cusp of returning to Tephra, a painted flash catches his attention off in the distance, and something about the overo is very, very familiar.

His crescent hooves dig into the frosted spring ground as he amends his path and moves swiftly in the direction of the mare, her name blossoming in his mind as he nears. Nikoline, one of the girls he'd introduced to Tephra when Magnus was still King of the volcano territory. He frowns, though his blue eyes still sparkle as he nears her, his mind warring between sadness and excitement. "Nikoline..." he halts his dark frame a few yards away, curious of she will even want to see him, "I thought that... well, I don't really know. I thought I had lost you to the volcano."

He tries a grin, but it feels hesitant. "Are... are you okay? I've missed seeing your face."
    break some bread for all my sins
    BY MITZI
    a kiss with a fist is better than none

The day is promising with the clear blue sky overhead and only the smallest of clouds that burn away with the day. The painted woman enjoyed the feel of sun on her back and the press of a crisp breeze against her cheek. A smile touches her lips absentmindedly  as she moves between the throngs of bodies and nursing foals.

Tephra had been a welcoming home, warm and inviting, but it was perhaps the residents that had made it so. Niko blames herself for hiding away after she had just become acquainted with Dahmer but when the ground shook with rage and Beqanna once again shifted and morphed into a new entity. Niko had fled when the dark smoke seeped from the gaping mouth of volcano, her skin darkened by soot that clung in the air, fear ringed her eyes with white.

But that is all passed now.

She had been nibbling at the young grass shoots when she heard her name. Hazel eyes find the familiar sight of Dahmer! He stands tall and strong with a quirked smile that melts to confusion. The white stocking legs pivot her and begin to move her to the pretty stallion with her own secret smile pulling her lips upward. "Dahmer...", Niko begins as she offers her nose without any thought to the silly game that they had played before, "I thought everyone was gone." The words are low, only for him, as they tip toe off her tongue. She looks up to him through the tangle of her black forelock, head tilted so slightly so the sun cups and caresses her features. "Did you come looking for me?" She breathes the words knowing it was most likely pure coincidence they had found one another again. "Are you still in Tephra?"

nikoline
    … curiosity killed the cat &
    satisfaction brought him back
    The familiar painted woman turns her head towards him swiftly and a smile blossoms beautifully, just as Dahmer had hoped. A small part of him had expected her to be disappointed to see him, as if she had taken her leave of Tephra simply because she didn't want to be around him. He's almost overwhelmingly relieved to see a smile instead of a frown, and he, too, forgets their old game and closes the remaining distance between his soft muzzle and her cheek.

Dahmer's dark nostrils flutter rapidly as he inhales Nikoline's scent, which had been absent from the sulfur-tinged air in their home for quite some time. Warmth fills his chest and he pulls away to get a better look at the overo mare. "Of course I did," his voice low and playful in her ear. His blue-eyed gaze watches the curl of her smile and the sun patches across her sleek coat before he offers a nod at her inquiry. "Of course. And there's quite a lot I'll have to catch you up on," he muses, before realizing his own assumption, "If you decide you might like to come back."

He gives her another small bump with his nose before changing the subject, hoping not to force a decision on the mare.

"But first, I'd like to hear what beautiful Niko has been doing."
    break some bread for all my sins
    BY MITZI