• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran || any
    Aditi
    i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran
    Other than experiencing a brief bout of frustration at the inconvenience of finding somewhere else to live, Aditi goes on unaffected by the disappearance of Pangea. She had, at one time, felt compelled to prove her worth to Rodrik, but then she'd birthed the dead child of a nameless father, and she'd slipped into the backdrop, finding reprieve in the solitude of the Mountain for nearly a year. She had returned to the wasteland of Pangea only a week before the Fairies had happily watched it sink into oblivion.

She feels indifferent about it, but she's been feeling indifferent about quite a lot these days.

The Nez Perce moves her painted frame through the broad expanse of the Field. She wanders slowly and with no sense of urgency, opting to travel the parts of the field that were home to the tall, belly-tickling grasses. There are a plethora of others here today, some shoved from the territory that had been Pangea, some just arriving from whatever outside lands they used to call home. Aditi has no interest in conversing with any of them, and so turns her speckled rump in their direction and halts her wandering, simply staring into an area of the Field that is currently devoid of other equine.

It's almost relaxing, she decides, to not be expected anywhere.

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

To say she had a vested interest in Pangea would be an understatement. She is by no means heartbroken by its fall into the sea, but it does make tracking certain individuals slightly more difficult. The wasteland had been an eyesore to be sure, but it had contained much of interest.

So it is not boredom or any true desire to recruit, but curiosity that compels her to come to the field today. She is a creature of curiosity, and so often that is what draws her here. Today it just so happens to be a spotted buckskin mare.

It is rare that she comes to this particular place (or any place really) without knowing what it is she wishes to do, and today is no exception. It bothers her not at all that the woman in question displays little desire for company. Indeed, she had gone so far as to make a pointed statement in body language for just the opposite.

As she nears the mare, she studies her quite openly. Apathy is not an emotion that the blue and white laced mare is prone to, so that alone is intriguing. It's true her features rarely display more than cool disdain or mild amusement (or even occasionally displeasure), but the mildness of her emotions is belied by the sharp, blue fire of her eyes.

Still, it is a rare soul who can truly see beyond the surface.

Settling easily alongside the stranger, her gaze scans the equine free expanse of field the buckskin mare had chosen to stare at. “Is there something here I should be seeing?”

She already knows there is not, but that is beside the point.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

So a good chunk of Beqanna has fallen into the sea. This is the latest news, really, as well as his home being effectively absorbed as a common land – to be travelled and open to all. This doesn’t discomfort him, now. At first the thought of it being like the meadow or the forest made him cringe. He didn’t want to share space, was his thinking. This will not have to happen, he soothed himself later on and now he likes the idea of open borders and hide-aways just for him. The more, the merrier is the new found philosophy.

Today he moves in the buggy heat through the blue-bell patches of forest filled with indigo carpets and green moss-dressed tree trunks. The deer keep the forest tamed and so only the old, strong trees survive. This particular path he’s chosen is surrounded by mostly oaks, maples, ash and beech with a few ancient tamaracks. He’s planning on having a look around today, starting with the field. The good ol’ field is usually good for some fun or at least a good watch. The population seems to be bare bones lately and these roads have no other travelers on them. He finds this odd. The faeries are slowly draining Beqanna, the epiphany sinks in and he feels a dreadful wave of heaviness swallow him. Time for a nap. Nothing better to whisk away your fits of depression than a good nappy. He steps off the path and into the emerald corridors between the gnarled trunks. There must be a perfect bed around here somewhere, surely.

Hello.” A syrupy voice calls out to him from somewhere off in the distance. When she appears flowers spread from her presence. Bluets, forget-me-nots, ajuga and many other little ground covering blooms web from where the small black mare stands. Wysteria blooms hang from her mane and tail, her coat and her long spiraling hair black as a moonless night. Her color unbroken by freckles or serrated markings, only void black. “Hello there handsome.” She woos him with dark green eyes that match the wet moss he stands upon. She lures him with a song as she moves in closer, talking to him, drawing his name from his mouth as she lets him touch her all over. She leads him away, further, further, further into the dappled light of the ancient woodland. Giant blooms, small blooms, bright ones, pastel ones, trumpets, vines – endless varieties of colorful flowers take over the blue-bell and moss carpet. The seductive woman returns his touches, cooing and giggling, dragging him down into a soft bed of sweet woodruff and showering him with lilac blooms in all their varying shades. The smell of coital affairs, sweaty, magical and fun, mixed elegantly with the smell of lilacs and hobble-bush and many other sweet innocent things. They do their thing a few more tireless times and flop down after for a little snooze wrapped in each other and a palette of vibrant colors.

When he wakes it is day time still, the beds of flowers gone, she’s gone and only a few dark purple lilacs remain tied into his dready mane. He brings himself to his feet and shakes off the tired feeling, letting his blood flow and his mind working. His loins still feel the woman, further assurance of her being real, besides the fragrant violet flowers of course. He follows his inner compass to the open fields ahead, his original destination. Almost dazed, but so very satisfied, he walks lazily along. A happy strut, you could say, forgetting the flowers strewn through his long thick hair. Voices catch his ear and he stops like a deer caught off guard, meeting the pair of woman some feet above him on a hill with his teal eyes. They appear to be staring down at him – he squints at them, puzzled. He looks beyond where he stands to see if maybe there is someone behind him…no, it’s only them. The mares, him. With his gentlemanly thirsts quenched for the time being he approaches with only company in thought, even though it is the field he really has nothing to offer but good company, some fun hidden spots and some really fun intercourse on tap. He knows the rest have Kingdoms and ranks and Kings and Queens in mind…something he’s never wanted to happily put down his throat. He doesn’t like to be the one on his knees, really.

Beautiful sunset?” He crests the small hill beside the women, his eyes with the roan first and then the buckskin. A breeze sweeps through and brushes the small biting flies away from them for a few minutes. Chem’s tail remains active, swatting across his speckled hips tentatively. He looks out to where their gazes are or were when he first saw them and notices the vast emptiness. Like the field’s bones have been picked clean. It is absurdly quiet…absurd for the field to not have constant chatter, for its grass not to be chewed down to the useless nubs and dirt. The endless fields are lush today. Lush and empty.

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

Aditi
    The long grasses sway in the periodic breeze, the movement fluid and uninterrupted. Aditi lets her speckled body relax, a hip cocked so that her weight rests comfortable on her right side. Her ears loll tiredly to the sides and she closes her dark chocolate eyes for a moment -- but, alas, only a moment.

The hoof steps halt a few seconds before the mare's voice shatters Aditi's silence, but it's the voice that draws her eyes to the side to peek just out of the corner. She snorts -- amused, slightly. "My favorite blade of grass is around here somewhere," she mumbles under her breath, as her dark gaze slides back to the open scenery before them.

There's movement in the trees and then, suddenly, Aditi's solitude has been ruined twofold. An exasperated sigh falls unbidden from her dark lips as the gentleman approaches them, his musky scent harsh in her now-flared nostrils. His greeting is pleasant enough, but our lovely Aditi isn't really in the mood for amiable. "It was," she offers to the smiling stallion with a small twitch of a smirk.

"Don't let me interrupt your meeting," she jests flatly, her dark eyes sliding between the roan and the tall stallion. Aditi takes a step closer to the mare at her side involuntarily,who, she had decided, would be interesting to speak with.

@[Heartfire] @[Chemdog]
    idk casual with bitchy on the side? please forgive me as i try to work out her personality again. phew.

Truth be told, it's been a very long time since she noticed the sunset, beautiful or otherwise. Indeed, she is far more apt to notice other equines rather than any stunning vista. They hold far more if interest after all.

But that really is better here nor there. For now, her attention lies on the spotted mare. One who is proving herself quite entertaining. Lips quirking in amusement, she tips her head slightly as her gaze slides briefly towards her companion. “Well then, let's hope it hasn't been eaten.”

The arrival of the black and white stallion draws her attention from their mildly humorous repertoire. The slight grin fades from her lips, replaced by a tipped brow as she considers the strange stallion. One who this mare apparently thinks she knows. “That's quite considerate, she responds, a bit dryly, before continuing, “but fortunately, you are interrupting nothing. Unless you know if a meeting that I am unaware of?”

The smile returns then, though it doesn't quite reach her cool blue eyes. “I'm Heartfire, by the way. If this truly is some prearranged gathering, I should really hate to be known as ‘hey, you’ for the entire thing.”

heartfire

picture c Petrova Julia.N

So sorry for the wait! D: I didn't realize there was a reply waiting for me

She’s rather rude, in’she? An ear dangles toward the caramel mare with hardly any interest while he drinks in the emptiness before him. His mind toils, tossing around thoughts and suggestions for his next burst of words haplessly around his mind until he quietly settles on something to add. “You’ve got it all wrong, girl.” His tone is low and gripping against the warm breeze. The glossy sparkle of his teal eyes flicks over her face, trailing the sound of his baritone voice.

“That's quite considerate, but fortunately you are interrupting nothing. Unless you know if a meeting that I am unaware of?”

He snorts a bit with his chuckle and shakes his head lightly, as if the blue-mare needed affirmation (which he’s sure she did not). They are certainly alone out here, the three of them. Chem has brought awkwardness with him, it appears – it also appears he has absolutely no awareness of such. Or does he? How mysterious.

Heartfire. His thoughts, eyes and ears are instantly netted, drawn in when her name bubbles off of her soft looking lips. He likes those slippery cerulean eyes and her velvet voice. She’s here to recruit, no doubt. Let me help.So where’re ya from then, Heartfire?” His gaze hunts for hers and stays with it as long as she will let it go on.

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

Aditi
    "Mmmmm," she muses with a mock frown, "I hadn't considered that."

Her dark chocolate eyes watch the roan sabino for another moment before they slide back to where the two-toned stallion is emerging. Aditi's terse response to him rewards her with naught and she sighs casually with a brief flutter of her nostrils. Fine. If she will not be left alone, she might as well find out what she can. The Nez Perce lets her second statement fall just as anti-climatically as the first. Her black tail flicks out of habit as she lowers her maw to the long grasses and nibbles on a few shoots before flicking her dark eyes to the mare once again.

"Wasn't any of those," she states jokingly, of the foliage she'd swallowed.

Heartfire.

The stallion, curious of Heartfire's home, remained unnamed. She debates whether or not she should ask the spotted bloke what his name is, but after a few silence moments, she decides that she hasn't much interest. "Aditi," she finally offers, as she moves her gaze expectantly back to the roan mare. She can vaguely smell the sea on her, but the spotted mare can't quite remember the name of the cliff-side territory, though she thinks it's something that starts with an N.

@[Heartfire] @[Chemdog]

As amusing as the entire repartee is, Heartfire has never been much of one for small talk. Perhaps one of the primary reasons she tends to be quite selective in who she approaches in the field. Therefore, as far as she is concerned, it seems a good time to bring it to a close and get to the meat of this particular encounter.

Tipping her head, she considers the painted stallion for long moment. A quick peek is enough to inform her that he does not appear to have come here from anywhere in particular. A very curious fact, but one better delved into at a later date. Still, he could be quite useful.

Lips tilted in that cool smile, she tips one ear towards the as yet nameless stallion (Chemdog, she knows - it had been easy enough to discover - but she has never been one to divulge her secrets lightly), faint curiosity in her gaze as he asks after her home. “Nerine, actually.”

Pausing, she turns her blue gaze to Aditi, features settling into an unreadable expression. “Let us be frank, shall we?”

She does not wait for an affirmation, instead continuing with a blunt appraisal if the situation. “We've all been through the song and dance before, so let us dispense with the formalities. As a former resident of Pangea, I'm sure you're at least passingly familiar with Nerine. I've come because I feel you may be able to find a place for yourself there. If that tickles your fancy, you're welcome to join me. If not, I'll leave you to your search for that particular blade of grass.”

Under other circumstances, she might have been a bit less direct. In this case however, she believes it best suited to the situation. Aditi seems to be a mare that has an appreciation for such things. As for the curiosity that is the stallion, well, she hasn't forgotten about him.

“As for you, I'm not entirely certain the gladiatorial life would be to your liking, but you're welcome to come by for a look if you think it might.” Her tone turns a bit wry then, the smile edging back onto her lips. “However, it might be prudent to share your name first.”

He looks at the dun, her eyes cold, her expression never hanging on him and he notices. Heartfire has built quite the case, quite the invitation. Something stirs within the vagabond stallion to maybe follow her – no, not today. He grins crookedly and leans toward the sabino, “I’ll share my name the next time I see you then, Heartfire.” He flicks those teal eyes, glistening like wet sea-glass as they steady onto honey-skinned woman. He nods and nothing more before spinning away and trotting off. He toils the thought of Nerine, of the women and when he might see them again. There are some other thoughts, maybe even sexy day-dreams and they keep him good company as he makes his way back to the River and his oak tree.

[ugly and short, but rreally this is all he gave me xD i will certainly be writing either or both of you soon because he won't be forgetting them, surely]

@[Aditi] @[Heartfire]