• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

They Say you Can See Her... [Birth]

I knew very little of what I was, or where I was the moment I was born.  As I floated weightless in blue green waters.  A simple matter I was cast into the salty waters.  I did not gasp for air like many mammals would.  No, here I could breath just fine.  The ocean that surrounded me felt foreign but I felt at home.  A quick flinch of my torso propelled me upwards to a brightness.  I knew only darkness thus far and the difference intrigued me.  A surge suddenly expelled from my body as I was touched.  I was fragile and this was my only protection against the masses...

As I surfaced I felt different.  More dense.  I struggled to breathe the effortless way I had before.  The waters began to flow into me, filling me with itself.  I choked and flung myself upwards.  A nudge still at my side but no longer feeling an energy leaving my body to it.  My eyes opened slightly to view the world.  A wetness was stroked across my face, freeing my vision from bits of debris.  I could see clearer now.  A dark figure lingered over me as it pulled me to shore.  Looking to it with blood red eyes... Mother I hardly whispered.  She seemed perplexed at what she had witnessed.  Was there something wrong with me? I curled my legs under me as something told me I should go higher.  One by one they stretched and with a great push I was up.  Balancing barely on these tiny hooves.  The sand barely gave way under my nearly weightless body.  I felt grainy so I shook my body. A slight lean left too far and I stumbled into her side.  Bracing against her solid forelimb she combed my fuzz.  The bright light shown upon me and felt warm against my black coat.  

She whispered something just then, Dynast... My name.  I knew who I was just then.  My eyes looked out upon the blanket of blue before us.  Was this their home?  Taking a wobbly step forward I crossed her chest.  Still leaning upon her for support.  My eyes followed to where the blue ended and turned tan.  Then further inland turning grey with rock, dotted green with tropical foilage.  Was this there home?  So many questions for such a young mind.  I longed to know where I belonged besides near my mother.  She seemed content on standing here but I wanted to move on.  Turning my face to hers I looked to her in question.  Then I looked to the distance again, another small stride taken forward and away from her embrace...

Dynast
    Friends with the Monsters

Messages In This Thread
    They Say you Can See Her... [Birth] - by Despayr - 05-21-2017, 09:28 PM
    RE: They Say you Can See Her... [Birth] - by Dynast - 05-23-2017, 10:44 AM
    RE: They Say you Can See Her... [Birth] - by Nayl - 05-23-2017, 09:37 PM
    RE: They Say you Can See Her... [Birth] - by Nayl - 06-04-2017, 01:39 PM
    RE: They Say you Can See Her... [Birth] - by Nayl - 06-27-2017, 10:02 PM