• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Think I'd Fit Right In (Any)
    Despite his relaxed state, Nerius' mind was on full alert. His ears went up as soon as the call echoed out, drawing his attention. He lifted his head some so that his spine was aligned, eyes looking back and forth to spot the horse who had answered his plea.

The young horse appeared from the trees, Nerius stepping back a little since he hadn't expected the other to approach from that angle where he couldn't see into the shadows too well. The other sported a red dun coat, several shades darker than Nerius' own champagne coloring but not incredibly far off. His points, instead of the darker red coloring, were a unique purple, covering the tips of his ears and the wings on his back.

Wait, what? As the other stallion flared the powerful tools of flight a bit to appear more intimidating, Nerius couldn't help but look at them, clearly impressed. Being descended from two non-gifted horses, he often didn't know how to act around one that possessed a unique trait. Yes, he had seen many, but hadn't really interacted with them, which would explain his current state of stunned silence.

It was only when the other spoke up did Nerius' train of thought come back. The stallion looked the newcomer (to him) over, taking in the details. Besides the unique colored coat, the island native sported a broad frame, not unlike Nerius' sire. But to have a frame like that this young?

But he shouldn't be that surprised. Aten had a stocky build, even for a young colt. And no doubt he'd gotten even bigger and more muscular since the Reckoning, as the last time the two brothers saw each other was shortly before it happened.

He wasn't intimidated by pure size alone though. Nerius hadn't inherited the stock frame of his sire or brother. Instead sporting the build of his dam, many might think that Nerius wasn't as capable as some of the other muscular horses. Despite his state of mind at times, Nerius was a capable enough horse, and could hold his own in a fight, even if he didn't have the muscle weight to back him up all the time.

It just meant he had to use something else to fight. Something his sisters had often teased him about in their younger years.

"The mainland," Nerius told the stallion. "Hung out in the Field after the Reckoning. I got bored, seeing those stallions flitter after mares who had no interest. Heard cool things about this place so I figured I'd come check it out. And just so I know who I'm dealing with, what's your name hotshot?"

Messages In This Thread
    I Think I'd Fit Right In (Any) - by Nerius - 05-30-2017, 06:29 PM
    RE: I Think I'd Fit Right In (Any) - by Badden - 06-02-2017, 12:59 PM
    RE: I Think I'd Fit Right In (Any) - by Nerius - 06-02-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: I Think I'd Fit Right In (Any) - by Badden - 06-21-2017, 01:17 PM
    RE: I Think I'd Fit Right In (Any) - by Nerius - 06-22-2017, 04:23 AM