• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

wounds so deep they never show; they never go away. || EVERYONE
    Kimber
    love bites, but so do I
    She isn't sure if it's a curse or a blessing that she tends to reappear from the thicket as the crown passes, at least this time it's a familiar scent on the wind of this new land. So far she had not lain eyes on the blood bay and as stubborn as the dip-dye mare was, she would hang around until he appeared. The only mystery would be if she stuck around to rebuild their life before or slink from the shadows. Her life had been a tumultuous one, mostly caused by her inability to express herself.

She's new here, so she doesn't rush - she's still taking it all in but she spots Nymph before she ever had the chance to notice Offspring or any of the others. Was that a gallop in her chest? She would chalk it up to a normal aging process (immortality doesn't work like that, Kimber). She blew, loudly as she finally reached the area - just in time to watch the drama unfold with the black stallion ahead of her. "Nymph," her eyes narrow in, a small nod given although her adrenaline is racing she still can't be forced to draw a smile from her lips. "Hey you," she throws her black forelock away from her mismatched eyes and stares at Dahmer, "should we make room here for you to throw yourself on the ground for a tantrum, too?" It's followed by a crass smile; all in good intention of course - the dip dyed mare wasn't here to stir trouble either.

Not yet, anyhow.

Although she had not spent notable amounts of time with the large stallion, she knew Offspring had taken a young colt under his proverbial wings and was friends with Killdare...that was enough for her. She gives a small nod towards Warrick, who had greeted her in the early morning only hours ago. "Offspring, you may not remember me and for those who don't - I'm Kimber, I support Offspring's claim and will protect it," the words leave her lips before she even had time to think on them, bewildered she stands for a few moments. So this is the beginning of something new, perhaps something better. Once Kimber dedicates herself, she is loyal to a fault. Welcome home, Kimber. I apologize, Tephra.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wounds so deep they never show; they never go away. || EVERYONE - by Kimber - 06-04-2017, 01:35 PM