• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; ruan
    Ohhhh. Oh, he was pretty, wasn’t he? Lovely long black hair, and his body was all spotted with purple! Kind of like Daddy, but the spots were different, little circles and ovals instead of big patches. Also lots darker, but still, purple was Kali’s most favorite of all the colors. She ducked behind her daddy, but peeked out at the stranger with pretty purple spots as he said hello and introduced himself.

“Thank you,” her daddy said, and his tone wasn’t even his usual sassy, twinkly-eyed, smirking one that got him dirty looks from Mommy sometimes. “I’m Kerberos, and this is my daughter Kali. We aren’t really looking for anyone, actually. Just thought it’d be a good day to take my girl out for a run, and she thought your Taiga looked interesting and tried to get a closer look. Seemed like an opportunity for a lesson in diplomacy.”

Maybe if she’d been bigger, she would’ve giggled at the idea of her daddy being diplomatic. Instead, she reached out her nose as the pretty stranger offered his to her, and she huffed out a breath and breathed him in. Ohhh. Oh he smelled interesting. Like crisp winter air and pine trees. And even better, he talked right to her instead of ignoring her because her pretty daddy was around.

”Where are you from, little one?” he asked, and she wasn’t sure how exactly, but she could see he was thinking real hard about the answer. Maybe it was the way his brow scrunched up a bit, or the narrowing of his eyes, or the way he sniffed her like he was learning her.. "You smell like.... the ocean. Sunshine, and birds. Some trees.. Do you live in a forest too? Maybe with a big beach. Am I close?"

“Oh my! Uh-huh, kinda! Daddy an’ me, we live on a big island! It’s out straight across the water, an’ it’s got trees and sunshine and lots of birds, and lots of beach too, for sure! Good job. You got all that rom sniffing me? You just smell like pine trees and winter mostly, I could only guess you live in a forest too, nothing anywhere near as much as you guessed. Maybe you could teach me! Oh, Daddy says I have to ask if I can come in, not just tromp all over your home like some kinda derelict.” Daddy snorted, though Kali couldn’t tell why, and grinned at the pretty spotty man with a bit of his usual twinkle. “So, can I? Can we ‘splore?”
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; ruan - by Kali - 06-15-2017, 02:25 PM