• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    He can feel her gaze upon him, despite his focus upon his creation below. He might be wielding snow and ice, might be creating masterpieces with only a thought, but the heat of her eyes upon him is unmistakable, warming his ice-touched skin and reminding him why he is doing this.

It is his gift to her, that tree. He would do anything to see a smile upon her features, replacing the scowls marring her lips and sadness lingering in the depths of her gaze. He cannot fix whatever is that had happened below, cannot truly make it go away. But he can give her, and Hyaline, something new, something beautiful, to replace it until nature inevitably mends her scars.

From the moment of his birth he has always known his contribution to the world would be to spread light and joy to every corner he touched. And perhaps this couldn’t replace all of her misery, but it is a start. And for Fox, that is enough for now. They could work on the rest later.

Twisting, he fixes his bright amber gaze upon Iset, that crooked grin still tugging at his lips. He studies her for a moment, golden eyes more serious than the brightness of his features might suggest. He turns briefly back to gaze upon his handiwork once more before taking a step back and focusing his attention on the lovely mare at his side. “I’m glad you think so,” he quips in response to her whispered comment. “It’s for you.” A teasing glint enters his intense gaze as his lips quirk upwards ever so slightly more. “Something to match your beauty.”

Her next comment doesn’t surprise him as much as it likely should, but given the observations he had made, he cannot claim it is unexpected. Besides, he could rather do with a traveling companion. If she is amenable, that is. “Wellllll....” he hedges, appearing rather thoughtful for a moment. “Beautiful sights abound in Beqanna, so that’s a toughie. Buuuuut, if you’d like to join me, we could start with Tephra and go on from there.” Tipping his head slightly, he gazes at her in open question, an enticing half smile still curving his lips.
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset - by Fox - 07-20-2017, 03:56 PM