• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Gypsies, tramps and thieves...[any & all]
    All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray. I went for a walk on a winter's day.

Jah-Lilah sang quietly to herself and the world around her as she tip-toed the border of the new land her little hooves had brought her to this time. She was well-traveled but not weary, she wore the nomad lifestyle well. The wind had came bearing tales of this place, Beqanna. A land as old as the sun, old as the moon, she had a troubled yet beautiful song to sing, perhaps that's why Jah-Lilah was drawn here this season. There had been many great rulers here, and almost an equal amount of madmen and women. The air sparked with magick, Jah-Lilah could almost taste it on her tongue as she inhaled the melting pot of scents surrounding her.

A gentle breeze lifted the feathers tangled in her flame touched mane and tickled her nose. She was intrigued and eager to engage the people of this new land. She pushed through the tall grass that was eating up the summer sunshine, clearly despite all the mouths to feed it was doing well. She indulged herself and had a mouthful as she moved closer to the little cliques of horses milling about nearly everywhere. Jah-Lilah was excited. She loved new things, new experiences. Free love, try everything, you only live once, however you choose to word it, she's down. Life passes so many by while they worry, the universe will always provide she has discovered. She found a lush spot near a shady tree to cock a hindleg and people watch. Erm, horse-watch. Whatever. She knew what she meant. 

I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A. California dreaming on such a winter's day.

OOC: Sorry it's short, I'm trying to figure her out and get back into RPing
    … curiosity killed the cat &
    satisfaction brought him back
    Dahmer is still angry. He has allowed it to consume him.

Just five days have passed since he had removed himself from Tephra and its new reign. Just five days since he had removed himself from the second home he had never known. Damn your loyalty, he scolds himself silently. But he still doesn't, and will not, change his decision. He had pledged himself, once, to Magnus and Lucrezia and his word is all he is good for. But damn him, damn him, for now he is homeless once more.

The black beast has made the Field his temporary home. Those who come to Beqanna, new and bright-eyed, are not weighed down by the politics of the place just yet. He admires their ignorance, and then they are swept away and transformed and no longer do they seem so... intriguing. He has to remind himself that he is one of these not-so-shiny locals.

His heart aches for the Subway. It aches for Tephra.
    And then, he remembers he is angry.

Dahmer slips through the Field, the long grasses tickling at the parts of his frame untouched by the summer sun. His ocean eyes linger on a mare who has tucked herself beneath the boughs of a shady tree, with a coat that shines almost too brightly for the shade.

He amends his path, moving swiftly closer to the mare. Dahmer finds his signature lopsided grin and smacks it onto his muzzle despite the red, roiling rage that he maybe, just maybe, has no desire to quell.

"Hello beautiful," he purrs in a voice that has been dormant since the exodus of Azza.
    break some bread for all my sins
    BY MITZI
    I stopped into a church I passed along the way. I got down on my knees, and I pretended to pray.

Now the red mare Jah-Lilah was not your typical mare. Her biological clock was not ticking like some, and as a matter of fact four summers had passed since she had blossomed and she had not conceived a foal. Not that she hadn't taken a lover, actually she had had many. Just no babies. Cool with her. Peace and good vibes to all, and all you need is love. She desired no herd, no place in the hierarchy or caste system. She desired no permanent home, and no monogamous mate. Weird-ass. BUT. She was an advocate of open minds and open bodies, it's why the drifter card suited her well. She had many past lives and past lifestyles, and she loved each one as much as the one she loved now. She was already smitten with this new land, as she was whenever she made a new temporary home somewhere. Being a traveler was like always being in the honeymoon phase of a relationship, everything fresh and new, and nobody getting on anybody's nerves yet.

She felt the charcoal boy's presence before she smelled, saw, or heard it. It was heavy soul pressure, screaming and angry. Jah-Lilah was no seer or psychic, but she had been many other things before. A midwife, a soothsayer, a healer, these were just a few titles she had been crowned before. Wytch, demoness, pagan, a few more that were more bitter on the tongue. Jah-Lilah cared for no labels, she'll be whatever she needs to be, titles meant nothing to her. His words came out dripping like honey from his tongue, a stark contrast for how he approached like a thunderstorm. How curious. She offered a cool smile and tossed her dreadlocked mane out of her face and turned to him. "Hey. What's good?" She oozed chill and calm, blinking her emerald eyes lazily. He was pretty good-looking, she liked them big and angry. Ah who the hell are we kidding? She liked them all. He had that dark coat glistening in the sun and she didn't hide her roaming eyes as they assessed him. Well, you know what they say Ms. Jah-Lilah, once you go black, you never go back.

You know the preacher likes the cold, he knows I'm gonna stay California Dreamin' on such a winter's day.
    There is a brief moment before he greets the flamed-kissed mare that his piercing blue eyes drink in her demeanor, her lips, her curves.

Her non-association with Lucrezia.

Dahmer forms that grin (the one he'd been known for in Azza, the one he is known for here), and lets a hind hip drop, the hoof on the same appendage resting its obsidian tip against the ground. The words fall from his lips, full of something more sensual than platonic. Even he can't keep the foreboding from his tone.

The redhead responds without hesitation and Dahmer watches curiously as her eyes leave his and make their way across his frame. The Thoroughbred flicks his tail, a bemused hmmm rumbling in his throat as he acknowledges her inquiry. "Tricky question," he offers in return to her greeting.

The black beast cocks his dark head to the side, a tousled forelock nearly obscuring an ocean blue eye. "You are?"

He wants to ask where she has come from, but refrains. Not his place, not his problem, not his current prerogative.

"What do you hope to find in Beqanna?" he lets roll from his tongue, as if it is something he asks all the time.
    BY MITZI
    All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray. I went for a walk on a winter's day.

His double entendre is not lost on her. The flower child is as witty as she is pretty, and she appreciates a sense of humor. As he relaxes his big back end the muscles jump beneath his coat, accentuating the healthy shape he's in. His anger is crushing though, but the insides never do match the outsides, do they? She cranes her neck around to scratch her shoulder casually, then switches hindlegs and returns to zero. She chuckles, a singsong sound that reverberates in the ears. Her voice is throaty yet enchanting, part of why she was always asked to be the singing minstrel at most of the pow-wows she attended.

"Now Black, you have no idea." A coy grin spreads across her features and she turns from him to continue to watch the other beasts in front of them.

"I am everything and nothing. I am here and gone in the same moment. I am she, as you are he, as you are me, as we are all together."She peers sideways from under a heavy lock of hair, grinning. "But you can call me Jah-Lilah." She can sense his curiosity and it's a welcome change in his aura.

"I have no expectations here, same as anywhere. There is no disappointment where there are no expectations. If this place is not what I'm feeling, I'll move around and keep it pushing on to the next one."  She throws the ball to him to see will he play too? "What are YOU searching for, Black?" Her eyes sparkle and dance with a playfulness she can't hide as she speaks.

If I didn't tell her, I could leave today. I'm California dreamin' on such a winter's day.
    She grins, gives him a playful name, and Dahmer's dark lips curl into something that might resemble a smirk. She says that he has no idea and the black beast feels no need to argue, considering she is not currently incorrect. He twitches an ear as she speaks again. He had expected a name,and instead gets a playful musing that might have meant something, had he not been distracted by the way his anger reminds him of Azza.

He tries to give her his undivided attention for a moment, to see if it will make him feel better, but his memories come tapping again in no time at all. "Of course," he offers gruffly as she turns an obscured eye and a guileful grin towards him. "Pleasure to meet you, Jah-Lilah," obligatory, but warm, cozy, dangerous.

His curiosity does,eventually, overtake the anger. It is still there, simmering quietly, but the flame-kissed lady is proving to be an intriguing conversationalist.

He gives a small nod at response.He had known a few wanderers in his life, more here in Beqanna than ever on Azza, where kingdom loyalties stood above all else. "A distraction," he says flatly as she rebounds the question. He has no desire to create an extravagant story for her,no reason to try to impress her now that he has no place to bring her back to. Dahmer extends his neck, the muscle beneath his mane rippling as he inhales her warm scent.
    BY MITZI

@[Jah-Lilah] im sorry he's being weird lmfao
    In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothes. I bargained for salvation, and she gave a lethal dose...

He comes and goes during their exchange like waves on the beach. One moment he is intense, over whelming, threatening to drown her. The next he is in the distance, gone as quick as he came. The disconnect only drives her curiosity harder. She yearns to know about everything, know every story. She needs to know what drives him, what makes him passionate. The ties between spirits and souls is what feeds her insides. It's part of what made her so good at all the titles she held, every one part of the journey through the life cycle. When he speaks the words sound sweet, but carry an ominousness in them. He is Kaa the snake, singing a song of trust while he binds her in coils. My little poppy flower has fell for that trap before and sidesteps quickly this time. 

"I'm sure the pleasure will be mine. You seem to know this place pretty well." She extends her muzzle to meet his, exchanging breath with his. Her scent is coconut, patchouli, sage, earth tones. She is strong and hardly, but feminine. She pulls data from his scent, and squeals excitedly. It's a throwback to those wild ancestors of hers. She touches his nose again, kicking a back leg, and tossing her head. Her mane and feathers swing wildly, she is an untamed thing, and looks the part right now. After nipping at the air she bobs her head and asks "A distraction? From what?

...I offered up my innocence, and got repaid with scorn. "Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."
    someday, we will foresee obstacles

No! Don't apologize for @[Dahmer]! We're having fun with him, I'm loving it