• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burning in the dark for a long time; krigare
    Krigare dragged himself out of his thoughts , strolling after her. As she began to tell him things, the weight upon him slowly began to lift, his smile growing. The land soon fed into the ash that surrounded the volcano.

Tilting his head upward, Krigare realized how truly massive the volcano was. The hot ash it produced fell unto his pelt, darkening it more so. He was aware of the burning, though he barely felt it as he stared at the creature that dominated these lands.

She touched him then, and his head snapped to the side, his muscles quickly moving to pull him away from the heat. He grimaced as he turned to look at his back, small patches of is dark mane smoking. 

"It really is." 

He smiled, turning back to Spark. His heart stuttered, the ash that burned him so merely sank into her skin. Its red glow fading into a dull black. 

His green eyes hardened into a look of worry before he realized that it wouldnt harm her. For it didnt seem to, as she looked at him. Her voice breaking the ash the clouded them. 

She had noticed, hadnt she? That he was uncertain. His broad shoulders slumped, and his head fell. 

"So it is."

He chuckled mournfully sighing as he thought of what to say next. 

"I just.... I have never been so confused in my life."

Krigare smiled, a soft smile that he prayed answered any question she might have after that. Though he was prepared to answer any that she threw his way. With another glance at the volcano, and a final whiff of the dark air  he nodded. His smile slowly fading.
    [Image: krigare_by_voltum-dbctewi.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burning in the dark for a long time; krigare - by Krigare - 06-18-2017, 04:37 PM