• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

From the ashes we will rise {Any}
    Nyka.
    Nyka walked into the field, her orbs had seen so much in the last two years of life. She would creep down to the battle field and watch the mocks. It gave her happiness. Born with fire in her heart she wanted to learn to fight. She wanted to be the strongest. Her burnt sienna pillars carried her muscular silhouette farther into the field. She had the frame of a Fresian, the wild spirit of the Mustang and the brains of an Arabian, being that she was a hybrid. Her silver locks fell in front of her dark orbs.  She had a desire to learn how to fight, she had seen strong champions in the battlefield from the sidelines. She had a good skull on her nape, brains galore.

She had watched, between going to the battle field and scoping out the forest, field and other places that this was where others like her came to find a family, .. a home. The hot summer breeze gently blew her forelock out of her orbs, her banner gently lapped at her nape with the breeze. She stood.. watching.. waiting.. to see who would ask her to join them.  Hopefully she could find a teacher along the way.. "And now we wait.." She said with a smile to herself.

lightning in her soul, thunder in her heart, and chaos in her bones

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

The sunlight is bright overhead, and Ivar blinks his borwn eyes several times as he struggles to adjust. He’d dozed off in the shade of a slender aspen tree, but while he slept the sun shifted overhead, leaving him in direct sunlight. His smoky black hide is uncomfortably warm and much too dry, but the nearest body of water large enough to submerge himself in is in the center of the Field. The piebald boy is not sure if he’s ready to deal with that many strangers just to cool now; he’d only come to the Field to see what the place was like.

With a shake of his dark-haired head, the teenage horse decides that he’d rather head back to his crescent pond in Sylva. He turns, ready to head home, but pauses. A stranger has arrived nearby sometime during his rest. She does not look familiar at all, and the strong summer wind that carries her scent to him is not tinged with any land he recognizes. Despite his young age, Ivar has already been to most of the realms in Beqanna, and this silver bay stranger does not smell like any of them.

She must be here to find a home, Ivar realizes.

Never shy, the lanky young colt decides to approach her in an instant. While he clearly still has some bulking up to do, the tobiano yearling has nearly reached his adult height. He meets the yellow-blazed mare’s gaze from an equal height before dipping his pale face in a polite greeting. Even with the promise of future physical strength, Ivar’s smiling face is little more than average when it comes to masculine attraction. It’s easy to forget that that, with the charm in his expression and good-natured turn of his brown eyes. He looks to be – and really is – the spirit of good nature.

“Hey there,” he says as he settles his weight comfortably on his long legs, “I’m Ivar.” He has settled with a lean to the side, an utterly non-threatening position with a comfortable space between them. “Here to find a home?” He asks curiously.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Nyka.
    Nyka smelled the scent of a colt in the air, her skull swiveled around, her dark brown orbs searching, before they finally land on him. Hes almost right in front of her. She takes a few gentle steps backwards.. not yet sure who may be friend or foe. She silently watches as he dips his head in a sign of respect. She hesitantly does the same, before letting her weight settle on her pillars. Hey there.. I'm Ivar" the colt speaks. Nyka cracks a charming smile, her eyes kind.. yet cautious. "Nice to meet you Ivar." Nyka said,her vocals were fluid and silky yet distinctive. She gave a gentle bow of her head, to let him know she would cause him no harm.. unless he were to attack first. Nyka's brain was almost always on the defensive.

"Here to find a home?" the boy asked curiously. Nyka thought for a moment, was a home what she wanted? was a teacher what she wanted? was something to fight for what she wanted? yes. She nodded her head softly. "Yes, a home would be nice." Nyka said confidently. "Where are you from Ivar?" She asked the colt quizzically

Though Ivar is young and a total stranger to battlefield arts, it doesn’t occur to the colt to be cautious. A combination of youth and instinct have resulted in a pristinely carefree attitude toward life – and the dangers that it might pose. He’s not yet pieced together the puzzle of genetics that he has inherited; has not yet given thought to the fact that what-should-be-fellow prey animals fall still in his presence might be anything more than natural wariness on their parts.

His charming smile hides a mouthful of sharp teeth, but it is not a willful deceit.

Ivar is only thinking of what his mother has taught him and of the stories that this stranger might tell of what had brought her here. The tobiano colt is infinitely curious, and the mare with the yellow blaze is no exception to that. He tilts his head curiously as he waits for her to answer his query. She does’nt take exceptionally long to answer, but the hesitation has him wondering. Is she looking for a home?. He’s been sure she was, but perhaps there is some other reason that brought her to the field.

His guessing seems to be in vain when she answers that yes, a home would be nice. Well, he thinks, she didn’t say that she was just looking for a home. Maybe there is more to the story after all. The brown-eyed colt is too well mannered to pry, but he does answer readily when she asks a question of him, eager to share in the hopes that she might do the same.

“I’m from Sylva,” he replies, gesturing with his freckled nose to the north, where the ever-autumn forest spreads in the shadow of the Mountain. “I grew up there,” he adds, a segue to his next question: “What about you? Where did you grow up?” She does not seem terribly older than he is, after all; her childhood cannot have been too terribly long ago.

------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Nyka.
    Nyka silently listened to the colt.. "Sylva.." he spoke. She closed her orbs for a moment thinking.. "I have never been to Sylva.. Can you tell me more about it?" She asked, the boy was young, but seamed to be kind. She noticed her gestured notrh, her orbs slid over the horizon toward a tree covered mountain. "Hmm.." she said aloud. Why must this boy pry..." Nyka thought to herself, her orbs still looking toward the mountain before turning yellow blazed skull to look at him "Me..." She said pausing.. "The last two years of my life.. I never really had a place to call home. Don't know my parents super well. Just kinda drifted in the shadows between here, the battlefield and the forest. " She spoke the truth. Before lowering her head for a moment.. not sad necessarily.. She lifted her head once more..waiting for his response.

Though he’s been to other lands, Sylva remains his favorite. He had told his father as much, and while Ivar is young and still without the urge to strike out on his own, he does appreciate his homeland.

“Sure!” he says agreeably, following her gaze to the north for a moment before speaking again. “It’s a big forest, but the trees stay autumn red and yellow year round. It’s a big land, but pretty quiet. We’re allied with Nerine – that’s the amazons. Mom says we need members for the army,” he adds, “Are you a fighter?”

The bay mare doesn’t seem especially eager to talk about her past, and Ivar looks a little abashed. He’d not meant to pry. She does answer though, a rather sad story that he ca’t at all sympathize with. Empathize, certainly, but young Ivar has always had a home and two loving parents. She does mention the battlefield though, and Ivar’s pale ears perk up with interest. So maybe she could be in the Army!

“You could come to Sylva,” he offers with a smile, “I’m sure Mom and Dad would be glad to have you.” It takes him a moment, but then he realizes that perhaps just calling them my what he knows them might not be reassuring to someone that doesn’t know them. “My mom is Queen Djinni, and my dad is Stillwater. He does Army things.”

Nyka.
    Nyka  listened as the boy spoke... Nyka imagined the land he spoke of, the red and yellow trees in a quiet land.. "Nerine.." She almost wispered under her breath.. Do not forget Nerine and the amazons Nyka, that may be where you belong.. Nyka thought to herself. Then she hears the question Are you a fighter? Her auds prick slightly .. "A fighter? That is what I want to become. You must take me there. You must help me find someone to train me!" Nyka demanded, her voice stern, her orbs almost seamed to glow with anticipation. "I will follow your lead.." she said, her pillars almost twitching.. ready to follow.

sorry for the short post. idk if yoou wanna make a post in Sylvia and ill reply there