• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Anastazja
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    The river is new, and therefore incredibly fascinating. Especially for one as ever curious and gregarious as young Fox. The moment the new lands had been revealed from the shroud of mist by the secretive Beqanna, he has had an intense desire to see these particular places. Now that several of those lands had fallen into the sea, it had become somewhat more urgent.

Fortunately for him, the river had remained and been claimed by the land’s mistress. With it now open to all, he could explore at his leisure.

And explore he does. First the oak tree at the heart of the land. He circles its massive trunk several times, bright amber eyes scanning the rough bark up and down, catching sight of the occasional beetle, the faint flutter of wings as birds disappear into its distant branches. It can't hold his attention for too long though, given all the other fascinating things sure to be available for perusal.

From there he slips across patchy grass and through thin copses of much humbler trees until his sure footed grace carries him to the banks of the rapidly streaming river. Dark red muzzle dropping, he snuffles briefly along the edge before breaking into a brisk trot that carries him quickly and easily along the banks of the freely flowing water until he reaches a quieter portion of the river. There he finds a jutting sand bar that gives him easy access to the murky water.

Hooves sinking into the sand, he wades into the water until the cool, flowing liquid reaches just past his knees. Without hesitation, he lowers his rust hued frame into the sedimentary depths until only his coppery head shows. With a wide grin adorning those strong features, he ducks even that under the water, holding his breath as long as he is able, blowing occasional bubbles in a rather amusing manner. Finally his head breaks the surface once more, water streaming from his red coat, his long locks plastered against equally soaked skin. Amber eyes popping open, the first thing he sees is a figure along the banks of the river.

Blinking the water from his eyes, he offers an engaging grin before hailing the stranger. “Hello there! The water’s really quite nice. Won't you join me?”
    Fox

@[Jaya]