• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

His pale ears flick forward, catching her murmured repeat of the name Nerine. Ivar likes the coastal land with its grey sand and soaring cliffs, but he prefers the quiet woods and deep water of Sylva. There are even some caves in the mountains, too dark to explore, but endlessly appealing to a boy with a taste for adventure.

It seems that @[Nyka] is interested in being a fighter. Ivar barely has time to think: ‘Mother will be pleased’ before the bay mare is demanding to be taken to Sylva, and to have someone train her. The piebald colt is hesitant in his reply, clearly taken aback by the stern demands of the stranger. She’s still not given him her name, after all. But she seems more excited than anything, and Ivar is more than happy to show others his home.

“I can take you to meet my dad,” he tells her as he takes a step forward. “Mom says he’d teach me to fight someday, so I’m sure he can teach you too.”

The smoky black colt looks back at Nyka from over her shoulder, and gestures down the path that will lead them most quickly to Sylva. It’s a circuitous route, with the mountain between them, but it is not an overly long journey. Eventually, the bright green of summer foliage is broken by the appearance of a golden-maple or a fire-leafed elm. The autumn trees become more frequent as they venture closer to Sylva, and by the time Ivar stops, the canopy above them is entirely golden. They’ve passed a few meadows in the realm, but most of the land is a hilly forest, dotted here and there with plentiful ponds and outcroppings of stone.

“Welcome to Sylva,” he says, looking over at the mare in the hopes of seeing a positive reaction. He doesn’t call out, but he’s made sure to cross into Sylva rather close to his father’s lake, and he knows that @[Stillwater] is rarely far from the water’s edge.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Stillwater
    He was fairly predictable in his location. This was the only body of water in Sylva worth returning to time and again, worth living at its bank in the dark cavern she blinked to life for him. The very act that brought it all to where they were now, with his son approaching. He was so certain he would never have children. Had been so certain once.

But that damn cave.
    And that damn woman.

Her magic backfires, he would swear it. Never again would he answer that question: What do you want. Not from her. With their luck they'd end up with another, a brother or sister for Ivar, and he was most definitely sure she didn't want that. It would only give her even more reason to hate him.

As if trying to kill her wasn't reason enough.

But here was her son. And here was an easy smile for him, a quiet attachment his father wouldn't even admit to himself. He was solitary by nature. Attachments were rare and inconvenient. They also tended to be incredibly powerful and difficult to ignore, which, naturally, he hated. He had enough things already that felt like chains about his neck, adding a heavy lock to them didn't sound at all appealing. But the fact remained: he was attached to his boy. He hoped it wasn't strong enough to make him want to give his life for Ivar's.

He was still working on the selfless dad thing.
    But not really.
    He'd still rip the world to shreds to protect him, though.

Ivar, he greeted, deep voice smiling and body drenched in their water. Their water? Drenched in his water, smooth and black and slipping down perfectly toned legs. Dark, blue-gray eyes slid to Ivar's companion, his lips spreading in a disarming smile. His supernatural attraction was involuntary, but effective. They couldn't help but be drawn to him, lured in and wanting. It was how the predator catches his prey. She, too, was probably startled by his flawless features and handsome face, though he was carefully disinterested in any reaction to him she might have. She was Ivar's, and here with him still present. That meant no eating.

A friend? but he didn't wait for an answer. Less of a friend would be nicer though. Tastier.
    Welcome, I'm Stillwater. And who might you be? he asked, settling at Ivar's side with an affectionate nudge and nip to the side of his young neck. Even his son's blood was tempting.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    NykA
    Nyka's pillars carried her under the canopy of red and gold trees, her orbs cautiously scanning the area around her, incase she was being lead to something dangerous.. It was not long before they reached a lake, with a dark, mysterious man corpse deep in the liquid. Her orbs couldnt help but scan, almost lustfully, over the beast as his columns carried him up and out of the water. .. well hello... Nyka thought to herself, orbs just watching the brute, a smirk came to her lips. She had never seen a man so magnificent.

As soon as the enchanter spoke a part of Nyka melted inside, his vocals.. but she did her best not to give in. She shifted her weight on her strong pillars beneath her. Welcome. I'm Stillwater. And who might you be?" his vocals rang to her.
    Without hesitation the woman confidently spoke. " I am Nyka." Her vocals were warm, strong, almost rather tempting as her orbs still scanned over every muscle of the man before her dark mahogany opticals met with his. She also watched how the man interacted with his son. Protective and loving, yet she could tell the man could be distant. Nyka said no more, her muscles twitched slightly under her skin.. Yet she thought she may as well be polite. "Stillwater, a pleasure to meet you." Her parents didn't raise a complete delinquent. But maybe they did give birth to a killer not yet awakened.
    The warrioress very gently dipped her skull in respect, her orbs never leaving Stillwaters, out of precaution.
    lightning in her soul, thunder in her heart, and chaos in her bones

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

Just as he’d expected, his father is in the water.

Ivar smiles happily at his approach, stepping away from the bay mare to move closer as his father draws near. He bumps his own pale muzzle against Stillwater in greeting.

“Yes,” he has enough time to say before Stillwater is speaking again, a confirmation that yes – Nyka is a friend. At the very least they are acquaintances, but if she is really to live here and train in their army, they’ll be kingdom mates as well. That seems to mean something, Ivar has discovered.

He can hear the shuffling of hooves as Nyka reacted to his father’s arrival. That’s not uncommon, the sudden thrill of uncertainty in newcomers when they meet Stillwater. Ivar is no stranger to lust (he’s a teenager, after all) but he’s a normal child; his family is of no interest to him – nor are males (Ivar hadn’t inherited his mother’s lack of preference).

“She wants to be a fighter,” he tells Stillwater, not oblivious to the charm suddenly present in Nyka’s voice at his father’s arrival. “I told her that you could teach her. And um, maybe me too?” Mother has said he’s not old enough – that he needs to be two – but he knows that there is no way that Djinni would have shared that decision with Stillwater. They share nothing anymore, nothing but their son, and Ivar doesn’t mind. Especially not when it means he might get to learn to fight sooner than anticipated.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Stillwater
    "I am Nyka."

He kept his gaze steadily on hers though her eyes roamed his body openly. The predator delighted at her obvious interest, ready to work his magic and take a meal. But not this one. Off limits, this one. He still watched her as those earthy brown eyes lifted back to his again. Why'd they have to be brown? Goddamned brown. Brown was attractive. Or could be. Sometimes a wild green, too. But only on her.

Why did Djinni have to sneak into his thoughts?

"Stillwater, a pleasure to meet you." There was something in the way she said his name, the way it rolled off her tongue. He set it aside and ignored it, as he had intended to do. She was in Ivar's care. Not to play with. And he really was like a large cat at times, dearly loved to toy with his food after a good chase. Maybe she could sense it without even realizing it, because her watchful eyes never left him as she bowed her head respectfully.

A knowing smile crept to the corner of his dark lips, though it probably passed as only friendly. If he hunted this one, she would put up such a delicious fight.

"She wants to be a fighter," his son supplied. Mmm, she already was a fighter. A screamer. How she would sing under the water. "I told her that you could teach her. And um, maybe me too?" He nearly frowned at that, though it didn't reach his face. Why the hell would he want to train someone, he didn't even like battle. Physical blows were not his style, so much simpler and less effort to just snatch them and drag them in. Toy with them, kill them quickly, didn't really matter, actual fighting was never part of it unless he wanted it to be.

He should call for the guardian to do it. No doubt he'd trained hundreds before.
    I'll call for the blades master, he offered with a smile, a little bit of a joke to himself. The guardian didn't have blades, but he didn't need them with his skills. Akkadian was a loyal subject; he'd do anything his king asked of him. You can settle in and get to know your new home first, if you like? He can find you when you're ready. When would you like to start?

He could, of course, teach his son himself, if that's what Ivar truly wanted. Just because he despised battle didn't mean he wasn't knowledgeable at it. Nowhere near the guardian's skill though. He'd never needed to be. And Ivar had already been hunting in the waters, he knew, but maybe he wanted to learn other ways to hunt and kill. Less fun ways. So he watched his boy for his reaction to the idea of someone else training them. Or her. He could never stand to disappoint Ivar.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    NykA
    Nykas dark orbs just silently watched Stillwater,
    his every move. She couldnt help but let a small smile slip across her lips as she saw a 'friendly' smirk come from the brute.
    Is he planning something? She thought in silence.

Nyka had watched two years of battling from the sidelines, so she had a decent idea of how things worked, but tried to turn her slight nerves into strength and determination. She didn't let this fear show, she didn't want to be seen as weak. One day she hoped almost to be some emotionless murderer. For some reason those feelings just pumped through her veins.  I'll call for the blades master.. Stillwater spoke. Nyka just nodded in silence, in understanding. She listened to the man offer his home to her. She just smirked. "I will be waiting and ready whenever he is." Her voice was almost cold.. clearly ready to start her training. "I will be around.. " Nyka spoke as she strongly and confidently turned her back to the king.. She started to walk away before turning her skull back to look at him, her orbs stabbing his like a cold blade... "..if you need me." Nyka flashed a sly smirk before giving a kind nod to Ivar. 'Ivar, maybe we can spar  one day. " Nyka spoke with a friendly tone before walking deeper into this kingdom before her.
    lightning in her soul, thunder in her heart, and chaos in her bones