• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

Just as he’d expected, his father is in the water.

Ivar smiles happily at his approach, stepping away from the bay mare to move closer as his father draws near. He bumps his own pale muzzle against Stillwater in greeting.

“Yes,” he has enough time to say before Stillwater is speaking again, a confirmation that yes – Nyka is a friend. At the very least they are acquaintances, but if she is really to live here and train in their army, they’ll be kingdom mates as well. That seems to mean something, Ivar has discovered.

He can hear the shuffling of hooves as Nyka reacted to his father’s arrival. That’s not uncommon, the sudden thrill of uncertainty in newcomers when they meet Stillwater. Ivar is no stranger to lust (he’s a teenager, after all) but he’s a normal child; his family is of no interest to him – nor are males (Ivar hadn’t inherited his mother’s lack of preference).

“She wants to be a fighter,” he tells Stillwater, not oblivious to the charm suddenly present in Nyka’s voice at his father’s arrival. “I told her that you could teach her. And um, maybe me too?” Mother has said he’s not old enough – that he needs to be two – but he knows that there is no way that Djinni would have shared that decision with Stillwater. They share nothing anymore, nothing but their son, and Ivar doesn’t mind. Especially not when it means he might get to learn to fight sooner than anticipated.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater - by Ivar - 06-13-2017, 08:29 PM