• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater
    Stillwater
    "I am Nyka."

He kept his gaze steadily on hers though her eyes roamed his body openly. The predator delighted at her obvious interest, ready to work his magic and take a meal. But not this one. Off limits, this one. He still watched her as those earthy brown eyes lifted back to his again. Why'd they have to be brown? Goddamned brown. Brown was attractive. Or could be. Sometimes a wild green, too. But only on her.

Why did Djinni have to sneak into his thoughts?

"Stillwater, a pleasure to meet you." There was something in the way she said his name, the way it rolled off her tongue. He set it aside and ignored it, as he had intended to do. She was in Ivar's care. Not to play with. And he really was like a large cat at times, dearly loved to toy with his food after a good chase. Maybe she could sense it without even realizing it, because her watchful eyes never left him as she bowed her head respectfully.

A knowing smile crept to the corner of his dark lips, though it probably passed as only friendly. If he hunted this one, she would put up such a delicious fight.

"She wants to be a fighter," his son supplied. Mmm, she already was a fighter. A screamer. How she would sing under the water. "I told her that you could teach her. And um, maybe me too?" He nearly frowned at that, though it didn't reach his face. Why the hell would he want to train someone, he didn't even like battle. Physical blows were not his style, so much simpler and less effort to just snatch them and drag them in. Toy with them, kill them quickly, didn't really matter, actual fighting was never part of it unless he wanted it to be.

He should call for the guardian to do it. No doubt he'd trained hundreds before.
    I'll call for the blades master, he offered with a smile, a little bit of a joke to himself. The guardian didn't have blades, but he didn't need them with his skills. Akkadian was a loyal subject; he'd do anything his king asked of him. You can settle in and get to know your new home first, if you like? He can find you when you're ready. When would you like to start?

He could, of course, teach his son himself, if that's what Ivar truly wanted. Just because he despised battle didn't mean he wasn't knowledgeable at it. Nowhere near the guardian's skill though. He'd never needed to be. And Ivar had already been hunting in the waters, he knew, but maybe he wanted to learn other ways to hunt and kill. Less fun ways. So he watched his boy for his reaction to the idea of someone else training them. Or her. He could never stand to disappoint Ivar.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dark side of the morning - Nyka & Stillwater - by Stillwater - 06-17-2017, 12:18 AM