• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Trouble - any
    Aten smiled a little, seeing the young mare act so carefree in her surroundings. As a stallion, a warrior, Aten always had to be on his guard. Mares were too, because they could defend themselves, but often, they were in groups and could look out for one another. As a stallion, a bachelor, Aten had learned to live with his guard up almost all of the time, constantly on the lookout for danger of any kind that could bring harm to himself or any horse he cared for.

The only exceptions to his guard policy were Ruan, Jinju, and, of course, his family, even if he hadn't seen them in some time. He knew he could trust them just as much as he trusted the horses of the Taiga. This mare could possibly also enter that group, if she proved to be a trusted ally.

The mare turned to look at Aten; clearly, she'd heard him speak. Her tail went up as she came forward to meet him, the silver strands of hair flowing effortlessly in the slight breeze. Her mane was blowing in much the same fashion; it made her look rather pretty, in Aten's opinion.

"Quite a lovely day indeed, and as for why I am here I do not know. Perhaps friendship would be my best guess."

As she spoke, Aten found himself entranced by her voice. It had an air-like quality to it; it was soft, delicate, kind of like her, but with a hidden strength. Aten knew he would be wise to not get on this mare's bad side, even if he outweighed her by a good 200+ pounds.

When the mare asked for Aten's identity, the stallion found himself growing sheepish, "Forgive my lack of manners. My name is Aten; I come from the Taiga kingdom. And what is your name? Are you new to these parts?"

Aten did wish to find out if this mare indeed had a home, but being so blunt about it might not be the best choice. For all he knew, she was looking for a home, but might not appreciate it if he pushed her into making a decision to come check out the land he lived in. By giving her the name, he'd left enough of a question hanging in the air. If her curiosity won out, she'd ask him about it. He'd tell her some things about the Taiga, but not enough, so that when he asked if she wished to come see it, she might be more enticed to.

So, for now, he withheld giving away too much about himself and his home. The golden stallion stood there patiently, his head a bit lower now that there was no longer any budding hostility between him and the mare.

Messages In This Thread
    Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Aten - 06-13-2017, 01:29 AM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-13-2017, 08:49 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Aten - 06-14-2017, 12:06 AM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-14-2017, 03:27 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Aten - 06-14-2017, 11:50 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-15-2017, 11:44 AM
    RE: Trouble - any - by QHQueen1818 - 06-15-2017, 10:46 PM