• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Trouble - any
    "My name is Loey, and as for where I come from, it is not these lands."

Ah, so she was a newcomer as well. Aten's dam had been the exact same way, coming to Beqanna after leaving her home. At least Aten could say he technically came from here, as his sire was a native and Aten himself had been born here. But he felt somewhat of a kinship, given that he had been a newcomer to the Taiga before getting recruited. He knew what it was like to be in a totally strange place.

Aten also noticed how the mare was seeming to struggle with looking him in the eye; a factor no doubt caused by his height, how he towered over the mare. The stallion lowered his head some so that Loey would have an easier time looking at him, and also settle any negative thoughts she may be having about him if he was trying to appear pretentious.

"So, Aten of Taiga, what is this kingdom of yours like?"

A harmless question in his mind. But Aten's instincts still told him to be careful with the information he would give out. He would tell Loey about the Taiga, see if she wanted to investigate it for herself to see its wonders once he was done.

"It is an absolutely wonderful and beautiful kingdom," the golden stallion offered, smiling as he began to tell Loey of his home. "The trees stretch as tall as the sky, with trunks as big as a horse. The trails are covered with their pine needles from centuries of being alive, and from the northern area of the land, where the land dives into the ocean, fog rolls in and coats the Taiga kingdom in a layer of mist. It seems spooky at first, but is really quite wonderful.

"The meadows are thick with fresh grass, and the water sparkles like the sky. It is always crisp and cool, and there are a number of fish that swim through it every day. The horses who live there are nice and even-tempered; we live with a respect for one another and are always willing to help each other out.

"And, even though he does not like to call himself king, I know every horse thinks of him as such. The Taiga is led by a kind stallion named Ruan. He is willing to come greet strangers and newcomers to see if they would perhaps like to take a closer look at the Taiga. He was kind enough to invite me in to stay, even though he'd never met me before. I have a feeling that he might like to meet you, as well, if you'd like to come and see the Taiga for yourself.

"What do you think? I leave the choice to you, in case you wish to go see another land first."

Messages In This Thread
    Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Aten - 06-13-2017, 01:29 AM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-13-2017, 08:49 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Aten - 06-14-2017, 12:06 AM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-14-2017, 03:27 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Aten - 06-14-2017, 11:50 PM
    RE: Trouble - any - by Loey - 06-15-2017, 11:44 AM
    RE: Trouble - any - by QHQueen1818 - 06-15-2017, 10:46 PM