• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari
    Kali was reaching up as high as she could reach, paying too much attention to the squeaky squawky baby birds to notice how close her Khari had gotten. So when he sneak-attack cuddled her, she squeaked herself, a delighted little “Eep!” followed closely by a wiggly little snuggle against him as he murmured a question in her head. “Of course not, you must always have been beautiful,” she answered, leaning back against him and lipping gently at one of his wings as he kissed her on the cheek. Such lovely feathers, her very favorite lavender and white, all wrapped around her like hugs and home.

“You remembered where to find this place,” her Khari said, taking a step back, and she beamed at him, tilting her head so she could see him, so she could catch the pride in his eyes. Yes, she’d been oh so clever, hadn’t she? Too delighted with herself to contain it, Kali wriggled with delight as she nodded and turned to face him, her tiny scruff of a tail waggling happily. “And no, I don’t think my wings ever looked like that. I only remember them being sticky and heavy.”

“And covered on gook, like I was when I was born? Ew!” Kali’s dark brown eyes went wide with fascination, and her grin widened. “Slimy feathers do not sound fun at ALL at all. Good thing Mommy was there to clean you up, huh? That woulda been icky and sticky and cold otherwise.” ‘Course, if Mommy hadn’t been there, Khari wouldn’t have either, ‘cause how else would he have got there?

When he held up his wing, she gave one excited little hop and tucked herself up under it, cuddling close and rubbing her face against his shoulder. Okay! That sounds fun! Of course, anywhere with Khari sounded like fun, but especially a ‘venture just the two of them. Khari knew the best places to go, the coolest sights to see, and even knew lots of cool things about the wildlife. So she was learning, too. Even more reason for Mommy to say she could go!

Tucked safe against her big brother, she followed his lead up the mountainy bit of the island some, and he was right! It was nice and cool, and the air smelled like green things and birdsong filled her ears. “You see that one?” he asked, and she followed his nose to almost the prettiest bird she’d ever seen, all bright blue all over except her very favorite purple on his throat. Well, darker than her very favorite, but still! Purple!

“Oh, he’s so handsome!” she said, leaning closer to get a better look. “He eats bugs? Are bugs yummy, Mr. Bird? I’ve never ate a bug before, only milk. Do birdies like milk, Khari? Oooh,” she added, her attention easily redirected to the second bird. “Mommy eats grass, maybe she eats flowers too? I wonder if flowers are tasty. I like his bright yellow face, but the purple is prettier. Everything’s prettier purple, don’t you think?”
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Messages In This Thread
    close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kali - 06-15-2017, 01:04 PM
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kali - 06-15-2017, 07:59 PM