• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

devil man, yes I can

The night is dark...
    There’s a moment there where I realize that the man he had been so long ago is lost, blown away on the winds of change and mayhem. Kali clearly loves him, and he clearly is smitten with her. Loves her. I can see the way his eyes follow her, remind me a bit of-. I shake my head slightly, brushing the thought away, not wanting to think or remember or hurt while I talked to this darling child. Almost as if I was worried it might rub off on her. “That sounds delightful and if your daddy loves you a whole lot to let you go on all kinds of adventures like that.” A small look towards him as he sinks down into the water, his eyes much closer to my own now. It seems though, that Kali is not as keen on the idea. Her body almost vibrating with anxiety for the moment before he steadies her.

“My daddy..” A small pause, where those golden eyes of mine find Kerberos’s and he steadies me a moment as well, just with that look. I turn back towards her. “My daddy used to tell me all kinds of stories too. I had stories before I was even born.” A smile curls my lips. “He told me all kinds of things about all the family that loved me and all the fun things we would do together. The things that he would teach me.” And he had, as much as he could before he lost his magic and lost a bit of himself.

She cuddles up to me and I brush my lips against her forehead. I do it again as she beams up at me, with a smile I can’t help but match. “Hi.” She doesn’t wander away, even if she continues to tell me all kinds of things that make me smile. So I touch my lips lightly against her shoulder and huff softly into her hair. “I don’t live anywhere, little one. I come and go everywhere.” I try to keep that bit of sadness out of my eyes for her. To keep it from touching her. I smile a bit. “That is it’s own bit of adventure.”

“…d’you wanna come see?”

I turn those golden eyes on Kerberos. “Well, I expect that would be up to your Daddy, if he is the Boss, wouldn’t it beautiful?” A small smile curls my lips. “The boss, huh? Kirby would have never been the boss.” I say, a bit off-handedly, tilting my head a bit to the side. “Kerberos, though, he most certainly could have been.” I’m sorry, I almost say, but I don’t. Not now, now with Kali. I’m sorry I thought you were the same, when even I wasn’t. When nothing was.

...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 06:50 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 07:14 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 09:14 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 10:32 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-18-2017, 10:58 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Kerberos - 06-18-2017, 11:52 PM
    RE: devil man, yes I can - by Roma - 06-19-2017, 02:31 AM