• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Great Things Come in Small Packages
    Smidgen
    Great things come in Small packages
    Today is the day. This is it! Finally.

These are the thoughts tumbling over themselves in her head as she travels through the forests of Taiga, and over the hills bordering between her home and Sylva and the Mountain. She moves along at a brisk pace; quick for her short legs, but not so fast as to wear herself down before she even begins to climb the mountain. Today is the day!! She doesn't know how she knows. She can simply feel it deep down. In her very bones. In her racing heart. She pays no heed to the looming mass of the great mount she is to conquer. Nor to anything else, truly, as she embarks on her mission. Her own personal mission. One that she's been waiting for her whole little life. And today is the day... She can hardly believe it- can hardly wait to get there. To voice her wish aloud to the very beings who could make it come true. So long, she had waited- so long she has been building the courage to come. And this is it. Finally, she would have her answer. And maybe hereafter, she could take to the skies and rush all the way home to show Ru what she's been given. Provided they say yes. And she doesn't know how she knows, but she has the most positive feeling that they will! All her life, and finally her dreams would become a reality. She just has to climb this mountain and ask it.

She had set out to leave the Taiga early this morning, before the sun or the birds even woke. She just couldn't wait anymore. Couldn't sleep anymore. And now as she reaches the base of the Mountain, the sun is risen high above. High up, and past its peak. Few clouds dot the skies, trailing soft fingers across it. The sunshine beams down and catches the tiny mare's leaked blue eyes, the light within shining through to match its brightness. Her coat glistens with a light sheen of sweat, though she does not slow- doesn't dare stop. Not even before the daunting task ahead of her. She would never quit, never let this stall her. Not from this. Not today. She takes a deep breath and begins her climb, small and sturdy hooves picking her path easily up. And up. And up, up, up. Her smile widens as she feels the power of them reverberating through the earth beneath her. Stronger and stronger the farther she goes. She doesn't look down, never looks back. Not even when some rocks come loose under her footing and she stumbles a bit, causing a gasp to escape as she catches her grip. She tests her next steps, a bit more carefully selected, and then onward and upward she goes. Up, until the air grows thicker and the humidity rises. Her eyes cast around her, surprised at the fog now crowding her. Or is it fog? Perhaps not fog, but a cloud? The thought brings a light bit of laughter from within her, soft and melodious, at the utter amazement.

She's here. This is it. Now if only she can find her voice! It feels far away, and her throat suddenly so dry. Her heart beats rapidly like drums in her ears. She opens her mouth to make a sound and is shocked at the dryness of her tongue, the tightness in her chest. And then a voice calls softly to her; an answering laugh, and then.. "Smidgen? Come, and speak what it is you seek." Oh, oh, OH! Oh goodness, a fairy! A fairy in her glory, and she knows her name. Waits to hear what she has come to ask. Oh! Okay, she can do this. Yes. Deep breath. "Fairy?" There's her voice! Good, keep on. Deep breath and a smile. "Ever since I was a little filly I have had this dream that one day- one day, I could be given my very own set of wings. Wings just for me. Ones that shimmer and sparkle, and resemble you and all that you have given us. I hope it's not too much to ask. I want to touch the sky and see the world from above. I want to show the rest of the world just how wonderful the fairies of Beqanna are. I want to spread the happiness and joy, so that maybe- just maybe, I can help cancel out some of the fear and resentment." Her face goes dreamy as she stares into the clouds, envisioning in that moment exactly what her wings would look like. Her voice is soft, unpresumptive and wistful. And when she is finished, those leaked blue eyes seek through the mist on the mountain for the one who listens. "Do you think it could ever be so?"

This is basically my claim of my bday trait, which is Fairy Wings for Smidgen, approved by owners/officers. Be cool if a Fairy could respond to this, but of course isn't expected <3
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    She is waiting for the girl when she arrives. The little things moves quickly for her size, though so slowly compared to the Wysteria Fairy’s own travel. There were pros to being her, of course, and there were many cons. It was not easy to make the decisions they made. It was not easy to take away their gifts and it was not easy to give them either. Every decision they made was agonized over, done for the better good as far as her and her sisters could see. But their lives were endless, their sight so much greater than the lifespan of any one horse. Sometimes they saw a picture that mortals could not.

Why Wysteria waits for the girl and not one of her other sisters is uncertain. Unlike her sisters, she is quiet and jaded, believing that most are not deserving of the things they are given. There are a few, but her sisters still see good where she cannot. She has given up on tricks or rebellions or fighting. She simply watched and waiting, sometimes acting, but often keeping to herself as her namesake would as well.

When the girl finds her, she speaks, letting the child voice a question the Wysteria Fairy already knows. Still, she wants to give the little thing a chance to explain her request, wants to pretend for a moment like she doesn’t know the outcome of this conversation already. Of course she does though, or she wouldn’t have been standing here to begin with. The girl is all exuberance and naïve innocence bundled into a tiny gray package. The Fairy smiles slightly before speaking again, her voice deep and earthy. “Tell me why others simply won’t resent what we give you and not them? Why do you, in particular, deserve such wings?”

@[Smidgen]
    Please tag in replies