• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Breath Of Life- Any
    Fiato had never found herself conventionally brave, and as she stood in the den hazel eyes fleeting from foal to foal she fell frozen. Her long legs stood rigid, ears pinned against her slim neck. Some children played around her, others stood like her. Eyes wide, ears pinned, hearts thundering so loud she could hear them hammering against their ribs.

"I...."

She whispered, stepping backwards quickly. the rocks beneath her were slippery, and the quick motion sent her into a spiral, her dark form falling to the ground. Her cry out was soft, almost a whisper to herself. She scrambled back to her feet, unable to stay down for long without crying. 

She had no clue how she had ended up here. Her memory fought to retain where she had come from, and with who. Her mother? Her father? No matter. They were gone now.
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Autumn has fallen upon Beqanna, turning the tree boughs aflame with red and orange leaves. A few have fallen, spiraling gracefully until they settle upon the soft grass at the base of the tree. Hyaline's trees are no longer in full bloom, but those that have survived the Lost Boys' attack are still pleasantly green. Autumn and Winter are comfortably temperate near the crystalline lake, though he knows that the unclaimed regions of Beqanna can experience harsh drops in temperature and an unnatural amount of snowfall when Winter does finally hit.

Brennen had mentioned, when Amet was still a young foal, that the adoption den was one of his favorite places to visit. So, on his way back to Hyaline from Tephra, the dragon-scaled stallion decides to take a short detour.

Following the river, carefully mindful of the slippery stones, the gold and bronze king finds the adoption den with ease. A variety of foals are present, some playing with each other loudly, some accompanied by adults that Amet vaguely recognizes. His amber eyes fall onto a seal brown filly with a rather perturbed expression upon her face and he makes his way slowly towards her, his golden scales glistening in the Autumn sun.

"Are you okay, little one?" he inquires with a gentle grin, trying to squash any similarities he sees between her and his younger sister.
    Amet
    A breeze wafted through the den, picking out scents to fling at the young girl. Her head shook as she stood , taking in her surroundings. Foals came and went , some leaving with older equines. Horse she assumed were taking them under their wing for good. 

"Are you okay, little one?"

Fiato's ears perked at the new voice, she turned to meet it. Oh boy. The stallion before her was gigantic. Towering over her so much that she had to crane her neck to meet  his gaze. He was  however interesting , where fur should have been, there were scales the color of autumn leaves. His voice was kind, though a question still hung in the air. 

"I ... I'm alright."

She muttered, glancing between him and the other inhabitants of the den. With a defeated sigh she dropped her head, a hoof digging into the earth.

"I believe i'm lost actually.. I cant seem to find my mother."

She whispered, eyes burning with tears unshed. She was safe here , she knew that but as she glanced sideways , she caught sight of the fairy that took care of the foals that stayed here, and she knew that one day they would make her leave. To a place that was not so safe.
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

She's sheepish, and obviously lost.

Amet's heart aches for her, memories of his childhood rushing unwanted through his thoughts. The dragon king nearly frowns, but he doesn't want to appear sad or uncertain in front of the frightened girl. Ears fluttering, he listens to her anxious stammer before offering a warm nicker, his golden head lowered to her height.

"What is her name, mahal?" he inquires of the seal brown girl, the soft term of endearment slipping from his lips as if he were still a lanky colt, hiding in the rolling Dunes. "Perhaps I can help you find her?" It's a gentle offer, with the hope that she does not find him too intimidating.It is unsettling still, even for him, to look into the lake and see his leather-plated reflection. Born a normal colt with a metallic bay coat, the Akhal-Teke had never imagined that he would one day be gifted dragon scales by the Fairy.

"You could come stay in Hyaline until we found her, if you want. You would love my friend Tang."
    Amet
    She twisted under his gaze , hazel eyes flicking up to meet his own. Fiato didnt quite remember her mothers name, had she even told her? Come to think of it, the filly didnt even know what the mare looked like. 

" I- I dont know." 

She whispered, listening to him speak. Her heart thrummed as she stood straighter, head raising. For she knew that they would never find her.

So she took the offer,

" I would love to go with you. " 

She spoke, voice strong now.