• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't leave a lady waiting; Terran
    Heda
    It isn't often now, that she's been able to visit the common lands, she had so many duties, and priorities to juggle all at once, and well this was never much time for a break. Now that she was queen and all, things had become harder to manage, for her own people's happiness, as well as her own families to rested firmly upon her mind. As well at politics, gently toiling at the threads of her own sanity, but most of all what had tethered her here was the fact that she was to be an aunt. She was worried, and concerned, but most of all curious of whom her sister had chosen to be the father, so here she is. Crown in all awaiting for the man to show up... For the faintest scent of her fiery sister to linger within the masculine musk of another. So she waits.

Navy limbs, basking in the river, as  tendrils of aquatic vegetation ran along, her hocks... Her hazel gaze fluctuating with curiosity as, the entanglement of hair upon her head whisped about her ears. Curious to see who would arrive. 
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl that loved to easily
    html by call

@[Terran] Wanted this to be sort of a quicky, not too long posts and relatively simple. Since I've got a lot of shit to get done! Sorry for the wait as well! I'm lame af at the moment.
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

.Terran.

I’ve been spending a lot of time aloft, these days. The River, in its newness, has attracted all mannerisms of creatures to its shores and today, I’m one of them. From above I can see plenty, enough to fill my senses and give me reason to stop in for a minute if only to enjoy the feel of water on my skin in this wretched Autumn heat. My descent is graceful, much more natural now that I’ve become accustomed to these massive wings, and it lands me squarely at the bend of the rapids where (not far away) a mare rests too.

Something about her sparks my curiosity, as if I should know her but I don’t, so I tuck my golden feathers close and make tracks to where she stands, all with a languid smile attached. “Looking for someone, or simply enjoying the weather?” I prompt once I’m near to her. A short nod of respect, and then, “I’m Terran … do we know each other?”

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

Heda
    Her gaze follows, him, a peculiar winged creature whom remained rather aloft for moments before transcending back to the ground. His movements are fluid and graceful, yet his scent riddled with the aroma of flowing water seems familiar, she's definitely caught a whiff of him before. She eyes him intuitively, as he makes his way towards her splashing up water in his path, until he's there. Standing before her, wings and all. And that's when she knows, this must be the man.

Lockes of midnight play about in the wind as her hazel gaze meets his, and his words find their way to her lobes, so friendly, so nice. A coy smile finds it's way onto her navy lips, "Perhaps both?" She jokes, her eyes flickering about, as the water licked at her ankles. "I'm Heda, and it's about time we've met." Her nostrils flare intently, as she intakes his scent once more, the faintest hint of her sister still remains with him. It's not quite hard to tell now, this was the father of her soon to be niece. "It seems I'm now an aunt." Her words are pleasant, and sweet laced with a pinch of joy. As she side steps for a moment, allowing her gems to drift across the clear liquids surface for just a moment, before returning her attention upon the obsidian brute.
    html by call
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

.Terran.

“You...” I start slowly, amber eyes narrowing as they take in the gold-and-navy mare. She’s rather a fetching sort of creature, framed in those dark locks and with bright eyes to contrast. Her mouth is sharp, with an even sharper tongue that jabs eagerly back at me. I smile, softly, but the action lightens my entire face. “... and Jinju are sisters?” I ask, incredulous. There’s nothing I can immediately pinpoint that would prove their connection, it stalls me actually. My twin and I weren’t identical, but we certainly looked alike to the point of recognition. The Tiphon bloodline was all some shade of gold, black, and white.

“You live in Taiga too?” I question, forefeet pushing against the current to spray water along my legs as I move forward to close the polite distance between us. We were family now, apparently. No need for shyness. The wings that cover my back reposition, glinting in the soft autumn light around us and casting a dazzling glare over the tumbling surface of the river. I remember, suddenly, where I last saw her - “You do! I remember crash-landing there for a day!”

Heda
    She smirks at his tone as he tries to make the connection between them, obviously he couldn't quite grasp that they weren't sister biologically, but technically they were sisters, closer than two peas in a pod. But right now, it seems that they had grown even farther apart than before. As she recollects briefly, that smile of hers widening by the second, "Yes, we are sisters, but not biologically. Right after our mother and father, Reagan and Ruan took in Jinju, they came upon me and did the same. Jinju and I have been inseparable ever since." She pauses for a moment considering the last few weeks, "Well perhaps we used to be inseparable." She sighs, allowing her sorrows to be lifted from the pit of her chest.

"No, I no longer live in Taiga. I'm now in Loess governing as queen." She allows her words to spill out, as she lowers her golden cranium to take a refreshing sip of water. Her nostrils flare fora moment as she sallows the clear liquid, her gaze rising with her head towards the ebony stallion. "Ah! So that's why you looked so familiar! It's a small world isn't it?" Her navy tassel whisks at her hocks, as the pests busily fly about her dun frame.

"Will you be joining Jinju in Taiga?" She asks, as the thought creeps it's way into the her mind. That perhaps, Terran would wish to be with her sister, or perhaps in an allied kingdom of Taiga?
    html by call
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

.Terran.

“I’ll be there while Jinju gives birth.” I respond shortly, finding that her question strikes me as something very weighed. My life was personally a bit less complicated than Jinju’s, it seemed, and Heda’s uncertainty about her adopted sister’s affections makes me backtrack for a moment. I really had dove into things quite quickly, hadn’t I? Still, I smile briefly and watch her refresh, an affection warmth touching my eyes for the young queen who seemed to so badly miss her sister. “Will you be there to see your new niece or nephew?” I question, inky tail swirling lazily at my hocks.

Jinju had made it clear that family was important to her - even if said family was not all on the same page. Heda, however, seemed remiss about the falling-out. It made me wonder if I should breach the subject with my inky, soon-to-be mother; if Heda was ruling Loess it could be more than necessary to create strong relations with Taiga. Two kingdoms seemed better than one to me. “Or is Loess too far to travel, even with those magnificent wings of yours?” I tease, hoping to bait her into a prideful response. She should be there, I was sure of it, and maybe in return I could give Loess a looking-over.

It was worth a peek, anyways.

Heda
    "Quite the fatherly choice." She remarks in an answer but what he says next puts her in a pickle. Loess is farther than she had ever imagined from Taiga, all thought the trip would be well worth it. She was afraid that Jinju may not want her there, after her recent absence. Despite their sudden meeting, ending with no hard feelings on either side Heda could still feel then with a sure uncertainty pulling at the very strings of her emotions. Jinju was still angry and disappointed, and Heda knew what that felt like, just like when mom left them ever so long ago. She didn't want Jinju to be angry nor Terran, so what can she say but simply, "Yes, of course I'll be there." She flicks up her head playfully, and with a soft murmur, "Perhaps I'm steal my niece or nephew for the day, some time?" She laughs at the thought, her playing about the hills of Loess allowing herself to toil with tendrils of joy of child's, her sister's child.

"I'm sure I could manage the trip, Terran." She grins, allowing her left front to slam into the water splashing up at him in a playful notion. As she allows her neck to shake, unfurling a blur of navy hair for just a moment. "And where are you to live after your child is born? Surely, Jinju can't clip those wings of yours.' She jokes, allowing her hazel gaze to flicker about curiously. Perhaps, she'll have a family member joining her in Loess, surely that would be a magnificent change in pace.
    html by call
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

.Terran.

What Heda and Jinju lack in blood, they certainly make up for in attitude. That tell-tale fiery nature is just as strong in the golden girl as it is in my midnight counterpart and I grin mischievously as the crystalline droplets of river water dazzle my pale face. My laugh is robust, legs backtracking a few steps so my wings can unfurl and glitter in the late sunlight. With a few, broad swipes I generate enough wind to disturb the surface of the tumbling liquid and it lashes out at her in great sprays of chilled whitecaps. “If you’re so sure, then prove it.” I challenge, once my playful moodiness has settled. Eagerly, I close the distance between us once more to hold her attention.

“Tell you what,” I drawl, unfurling my neck so my lips can brush away a stray tendril of her telltale mane. “If I see you there during the big moment, I promise to flit away as soon as I can to your Kingdom-of-the-hills for an extended visit.” I wager, a confident smirk etching itself onto my features. She’s busy admiring the scenery, but I’m all eyes on her for this deal. “These wings need room to stretch anyways - Taiga is a bit restrictive.”

I don’t give her time to reply, only time enough to backpedal and release my wings so I can lift myself from the river to hover a few beats while I glare down at her. Mockingly, I stick my tongue out and follow it with a laugh, “See you there, Heda!” echoing against the landscape before I wheel away to soar back to the redwoods.

Back to Jinju.