• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nayl;
    ”I couldn’t resist,” she said, still not moving back. ”You would have loved the Tundra if it still existed.” He could neither agree nor disagree as he’d never been there, so he didn’t comment. And as a silence fell between them, she didn’t back away. He didn’t either. Standing just as close with her hot breath fogging in the chill. Only briefly did she retreat, long enough to brush the damp cold from her nose, and he watched without expression as it slid in droplets down her toned leg.

She was attractive.
    He wasn't blind.

She shrugged at his offer, but agreed to join him with an added warning on that “honest company” he mentioned. Too honest. ”Like me, I suppose,” she supplied. He glanced at her, already shifting to lead them home. He wasn’t sure how truthful that statement was. She seemed like one that could lie easily and convincingly if she chose to. He supposed it would matter whether she chose to or not, in the end. Still, he couldn’t think of a time when he wouldn’t have preferred honesty.

I’m bored. You’re not enough anymore. I want another man, any other man would certainly have been better than finding her with one. A complete stranger. Guess it didn’t matter where it came from, so long as she got what she wanted. So long as it wasn’t her husband.

His jaw twitched and his eyes hardened, but he continued to hold his silence for now. ”Let’s see this new and improved Taiga,” she said. He shook his head at that. Not new, not improved. Just different. Like him. Just strange and isolated and uninteresting.

Like him.

”I have questions that I want to ask at some point. Nothing bad.” He glanced at her again, wondering what things she would want to know. He didn’t feel like the Taiga had any secrets, so she may as well ask now if she wanted. He gave her the main differences since the last time she’d been to the Taiga as he walked with her, first.

”Reagan no longer leads, nor lives here.” Not really one to waste time, he was direct and carefully emotionless as they crossed the riverbed separating Taiga from the forest. His tone didn’t offer any explanations on that, nor did it invite questions. It was something he didn’t talk about. He refused to soil his wife’s name anymore than she had already done herself. She was only spoken of with respect in his home, no matter his own pain.

Ex-wife.
    He kept forgetting to correct himself lately.

”It’s mostly only me and my family, now.” What’s left of them. ”The ranking system was pointless and unused, so I have done away with it.” He shrugged, leading them to pause a bit further into his home. He tested the air for Jinju and Polaris. He had returned to free his eldest of baby-sitting, after all, but they would find him in their own time now that he was home. Bright, glacial eyes leveled on her again.

"What questions do you have?"

@[Nayl]

Messages In This Thread
    nayl; - by Ruan - 06-19-2017, 06:33 PM
    RE: nayl; - by Nayl - 07-04-2017, 12:12 PM
    RE: nayl; - by Ruan - 07-11-2017, 07:58 PM