• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma

The night is dark...
    The run across the water was weird, but amazing at the same time. Some how I managed to stay on his back and not end up in the water, but watching little Kali go flying, water spraying out from under her hooves as she ran, well, that was just adorable. Don’t forget her indeed. I smiled a bit and settled herself back on her legs when Kerberos deposited her back on the ground. “Thanks. That was weird, but better than getting wet.” Flashing another grin at him as I turned to face him after looking into where Little Miss had went running.

“She’s adorable, Kerberos. You’re doing a damn fine job.” I say it, because he needs to hear it and I needed to say it. Especially after the look that I knew he caught earlier. “And I’m sorry for that…earlier. It wasn’t fair.” Well, at least Mom had kept me from being too much of an asshole like Father could be sometimes. Remembering hurt less, even if it did make my heart ache like crazy.

I sighed softly, turning to look back in the direction that she had went. “She’s a lucky little girl.” Granted I didn’t know her mom, but I knew with just Kerberos that she was going to be an amazing little girl, and an even better adult. She wouldn’t ever know the shit that he had went through to make him the way he had been.

“Kerb..?” I can’t quite look at his face, so I start to walk slowly along the beach, my eyes looking out over the jungle. I don’t see it, an army of butterflies having taken up arms in my stomach. “You haven’t seen any of them have you?” I hope he says yes, even as I dread him saying no.

The silence almost kills me, the small pause where I almost immediately shake my head. “Never mind. I don’t want to know. This way I can pretend that they are still out there somewhere.” I sighed a bit, turning back to him with a small smile. “I promise I won’t let her get hurt on our adventures and our stories won’t alllll be made up.” That smile is a little more real, a little less pain.

...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Roma - 06-23-2017, 07:36 AM