• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bottom of the deep blue sea; castile

isobell

The girl-child peeks curiously through the marsh grasses, silver eyes glinting with mischief. Where oh where could her brother be? There were no other foals roaming Nerine as of late and so Isobell must torture her brother with her ever questioning presence. How did he tolerate her so?

The yearling pushes through the thicket, seed pods and stickers tangling her two tones mane and tickling her sides. Her thin legs move her with Nayl's grace, her body mimicking Nayl's own with only the touch of pewter eyes  and platter of black on her skin from her father. She would not grow and fill like her brother but instead would retain the svelte but strong physique of the painted queen.  "Castile?" Her voice lifts along with the corners of her small mouth. He must be hiding from her but she would find him.

i'll wait for you inside the bottom of the deep blue sea

<3<3

i wanted to post something so i figured she would be a year old at this point. hope you don't mind!
    Without mother knowing – is that even possible? – Castile occasionally visits Nerine from Hyaline. The coast lures him from the hills and the caves, thickened with father’s scent, intrigue him. Oftentimes he hopes to catch glimpse of Lior, wanting to fill the uncertain gap of this dragonborn sense. There are days that his body shifts bit by bit, but he doesn’t know how and doesn’t know when. It startles him. Seeing claws instead of hooves, scales instead of hair, still frightens him, but he masks his surprise behind a look of placidity. If there is one thing he has acquired from his parents, it’s concealing his emotions behind a curtain of shadowed impassivity.

But to Isobell, his darling sister, he doesn’t bare a cold front. To her, he is an open book, a truly loving brother. She sees a side of him that no one else has.

”Darling girl,” he says tenderly as he slips from the tall grass to touch her, gliding his muzzle across her lithe body before taking a step back to look at her. ”My sweet Isobell, you are looking more like mother every day.” His heart patters against his chest. He could never deny the love he has for her, the protective shield that he bares for her. His eyes – one silver, one gold – steady on her gently and he smiles at her. Their bodies touch then, his head craning across her neck in a deep embrace. ”Is there something you want to tell me?” He had noticed the questioning in her voice when she said his name. Not yet lifting away from her, he asks, ”Or is there an adventure you wish to take?”

Nayl's reply is coming next to Lior! So sorry for the wait!