• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New BQ breed?
    Okaaaaay so this is a direct result of Prism's awesome question in THIS thread, where it's briefly mentioned how many miles the "average" horse could travel in a day, but -

Has anyone ever noticed that this site now contains primarily hybrids?

Stay with me for this: This is a magical universe, inhabited by horses that have descended from natural horse breeds/horses, but over the course of hundreds of years they've evolved. So, when we take that into consideration (especially given the mixing of odds-and-ends from magic ponies) would that mean we've technically made a whole new breed of horse? Like, a BQ specific breed?

I'm getting this idea (don't judge me) from Attack on Titan where they explain how the horses they ride are genetically superior in every way (stamina, speed, endurance, strength) to our type of average horse. I mean, at this point IC the "average" (non-traited) horse in Beqanna may look severely different from any horse we know and could probably be capable of enhanced abilities.

I know the term coined for mixed breeds is 'grade', but could we consider diversifying the term 'hybrid' into something even more specific that's BQ original? Would anyone even be interested in that? I'm assuming that this would only work when the two parents are unspecified hybrids, but both from Beqanna lines (now, how far back those lines would have to go in order to qualify for this new label is another topic)

For example:
    Sire - Hybrid x Dam - Hybrid = foal ('new BQ specific breed title')

I mean, we could even make it specific as to the overall look of the animal : 'BQ Breed' pony, or 'BQ Breed' horse, or 'BQ Breed' draft ....

Thoughts?
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    Same. Im curious to what kind of BQ breed names there could be
    Active
    Obscene || Fyr || Ciri
    Semi-Active
    Link || Bardot || Vindictive || Stendarr
    On Pause
    Ledger|| No Crosses Count || Joplin || Gryffen
    carnages lmfao
    XD omfg carnages for the win, love this idea btw
    Chem seems to be able to recognize a "native born" resident from a foreign one, which buddies with this idea somewhat. <3
    buy the ticket, take the ride.
    —  Hunter S. Thompson

snowphish, city, oleandar, wrena, kota, let, seasick
    chemdog, klaus, padmé, fenwe, claudia, mourna
    While characters are welcome to identify themselves however they want (I love carnages lmao), I think implementing BQ-specific breeds would be difficult to parse out (how to decide what's what) and wouldn't add much to the game, since for identity we already have bloodline and homeland(s). Breeds are more so we know how to describe them or for reference pictures Smile