• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart - any

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

My mother once told me I am my father's daughter. Of course, never having meet the man, I cannot say for certain whether it is true or not. Not to mention the question of how well my mother actually knew my father is really quite up for debate. Though she had never confirmed, I am fairly certain I am the product of a one night stand.

Not that it really matters to much. I am who I am, and at this late date, it's unlikely to change.

Still, these thoughts are really quite far from my mind at the moment. No, currently my thoughts are entirely occupied by my current activities. More specifically, admiring the way the moon and stars glimmer invitingly off the surface of the river. This particular section is rather placid, but even so, the pale reflection is widely distorted by the slow rippling of the surface.

I am entirely lost in thought, so when a sound catches my ear, I fair jump out of my skin. Jolting, I swivel my head around, my gaze landing upon a nearly indiscernible figure just sticking her toes in the water.

Gently clearing my throat, I close the distance that separates us, my odd eyes bright with curiosity, a faint smile curving my lips. Of course, most of this is probably not terribly visible in the dark. And perhaps that's a blessing. It would serve to help conceal my… unique appearance.

“Hello,” I greet easily, my tone soft and warm. “I hope I'm not disturbing you.”

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-22-2017, 06:10 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 06-22-2017, 06:42 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 06-22-2017, 11:21 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-23-2017, 07:40 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 06-23-2017, 03:39 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-28-2017, 12:54 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Giohde - 07-05-2017, 02:02 PM