• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Canaan)
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She is not in the habit of explaining herself, so the fact that he had received one at all is in and of itself rather impressive. Quite frankly, she feels no compulsion to explain herself further. He would find out soon enough. And frankly, at this point, the less he knows, the better.

As it turns out, it seems his mother is not the only one who would do well to hold her tongue. In this case, he does have some cause for his rather sharp questions, but as he is not familiar with the situation, it really is not his place to comment on such things. The supposition amuses her though, which is perhaps good for him. He would have at least some small reprieve from her own sharp reprisals.

Lips quirking into a faintly amused smirk, she tilts her head as she considers him. “I suppose you could say that.” Although there is a distinct difference between insult to one’s self and insult to one’s children. A lesson Ellyse would learn the hard way. Still, she feels no particular compunction to alter Canaan’s assumption on that score. She doesn’t particularly care if he thinks well of her or not. Indeed, the worse he views her, the more satisfying her revenge would be.

His next comment, an assumption even worse than the first, catches her entirely by surprise. So much so that it causes her brows to fly upwards as she takes an instinctive step backwards. “Oh, hell no,” she blurts out before she can censor her words. Suddenly, she laughs, a wholly unexpected sound. It has been ages since she has laughed, and this situation is positively absurd. Finally curbing her amusement, she pins him with disdainful stare. “Trust me, I want nothing of your… charms. And so long as you behave and do as I ask, you will see your family again one day.”

She would say no less for wear, but she can’t quite guarantee that. She has plans, after all.

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Canaan) - by Heartfire - 06-23-2017, 09:56 PM