• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Claimed with Nyryn
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    She did not use her wings, instead she walked beside him as they made their way to the Forest Frontiers. She had asked politely, maybe a little too quietly, if they could walk past Orange Country, and she had inhaled the sweet citrus aroma; even in winter, when the blanket of white took hold and the trees were bare, the land still bore the same sweet scent. It made a pang of regret sting within, but she pushed it aside and continued the trek with the painted stallion. When they got to the borders of the Forest, she smelt the strong pine, it tingled her nostrils and she gave a brutish snort. Pawing at the snowy ground with an ashen hoof she gave a shake of her blue head, black tendrils laying in waves of obsidian over her neck as she pulled to a halt and admired the view.

At first she said nothing. She just looked around, she felt the ground beneath her hooves, the glare of the winter sun above. It would be spring soon and she could picture the redwoods full of life. the emerald blades beneath her feet flowing in the gentle spring breeze. Nyryn was making up a fairytale in her head -- like she used to do when she was but a filly with no one to care. Now though, her fairytales had some substance, and she turned her two-toned gaze to look upon her new companion.

"I'd like to thank you for this." Nyryn nodded, slowly, then met his gaze with hers and a small, quiver of a smile graced her lips, but only for a second, as she turned away and walked a few paces, stretching her wings a little, feeling the cold breeze ruffle beneath them.

"For taking me in, for giving me a..." she could not say it yet, she dared not. She did not want to jinx a kindly thing, she did not want to terrify the poor painted man with whimsical words so soon, but she glanced at him behind her thick forelock and smiled a little. It was rare to see the blue roan smile, always a bittersweet occasion. Always sarcasm, always loneliness. Never once a real smile. But this was the start.
    Sincerely, 
    Nyryn
    The stallion walked with her and as they entered the frontier she had been looking around and feeling the ground, she had thanked him and he nodded, but she hadn't finished her sentance "home, i wont take it from you if you want it" the stallion smiled warmly and trotted to her side, he lay his head on her back reassuringly and then looked at her again "this place is kind of a mystery, if you look closely you can see the deer start to couple, and if you listen you can hear the birds start to sing" as he said this he looked into the forests, calm and peace lived here, the stallion took a step forward turned around, and looked at her "look" the stallion with his hoof uncovered a patch of flowers "sprong is already here, its just hiding, under the snow" the stallion then trotted over to the forest and started to graze.

As evening came the light in the forests had started to dance, the soumd of buzzing bee's lifted to the sky, the smell of pine as the deer scraped their antlers off of the velvet, the stallion looked in, then looked at Nyryn, "wanna run?" She probably didn't know what he meant but he quickly jolted into a trot into the forest and once she was following he cantered, he halted deep in the forest "shhh, hear the magic inside" the stallion whispered "find your inner peace and let your spirits fly" the stallion smiled and warched her to see what she would do.
    She wasn't expecting much of an answer as she let her question hang in the air like a stray pendulum; so the mare was quite astounded when he answered. In another light, she didn't expect him to stay with her, the idea of a steed she had in her mind was one who often visited the field to gain more maidens for his harem. Often the light in which Nyryn viewed men was not that great. She'd seen good stallions, Hakeem was one of them, but he was a fatherly figure to her in times of need. Other than that she had witnessed her mother get abused many a time, normally resulting in a sibling for Nyryn or two. She had many, and wondered now, as she trod upon the earth in Forest Frontiers, where they were.

"Home." the word tastes foreign in her mouth, like some bittersweet candy, she chews thoughtfully on the word, looks at the painted steed and nods her head, slowly. "Home has a nice sound to it."

At his touch she immediately shied away, she was not expecting any form of physical contact. The blue lady had known nothing in life, no real friends, no real comfort. Not even her mother had nickered encouragingly when she first took flight on her wings. Not even a gentle nuzzle when she was sad, angry, that another sibling was born and more time taken away from her. Yes, the maiden grew up to be a little bitter, but now in the light of the forest, the smell of the pine, she was starting to loosen up knotted muscles and tight bones.

She wormed away from him for a moment, outstretched her wings to their full state and she bobbed off the ground, all four ashen hooves tucked neatly beneath her as she bobbed in the air, her wings fluttering gently to keep her afloat.

"A run? Now I think I have the advantage there." her tone was smooth, sweet. She spun in the air, upon haunches and she glided along, by his side as he cantered through the pines. There was a freedom here, tasting it upon her lips. Sweet pine, delicate redwood. It wasn't just the forest that was making her a bit heady, being here with another, it felt strange and made her feel knotted with emotion. He was a kindred spirit to the woodland, she saw that with ease, how he bounded and leapt through the leaves and the melting snow. He took great pleasure and peace in this land. She understood now, why he chose it.

"There's a lot of magic hidden in Beqanna." Nyryn lands on the ground at her statement, pawing at the earth with her hoof. "Magic runs through the veins in the earth here. It blesses many and curses some." the blue whispers, partly to herself and partly to her companion.

"You are rather spiritual. A kindred to the earth. I've never met anyone like that here, before."
    Sincerely, 
    Nyryn
    ((Sorry i havent replied im quite blind XD)) the stallion listened to her as she talked to him" yeah, spirits were a way of life for me, my father and mothers ancestors came from the native american tribes, of course beqanna has no mote humans but out of beqanna there used to be, and you are right about the magic here, walk with me" the stallion started to walk inhaling the breeze that carried the pine, the stallion smoothly then transitioned into a trot " so, you like it here?" The stallion smiled at her warmly, "you know, you are safe here, i hope you can find peace here and forget anything that happened in the past" the stallion halted "i know that can be hard, now i think we should head back if you want" he stood awaiting a reply