• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the road to ruin - castile, any
    ooc: this is technically a reply to @[Castile]'s post in Sylva. timeline wise, it's the morning after the Lost Boys were in Hyaline (to account for time taken to travel, etc)

djinni

It is not magic that lets her find him – it is his raucous yelling in the quiet night of Sylva.

She’s there in an instant, appearing before the winged princeling in a shower of golden sand. It disappears before it touches the ground, as does her smile as she takes in Castile’s appearance and what he has to say.

It takes her longer to reply than it should.

Sylva is safe, she reasons; that is what she had promised Nayl. The grey mare has not yet discussed what the new relationship with Hyaline entails. More responsibility, she realizes, just as she should have expected. Her son is already sleeping, worn out from a day of diving in the sea. She will let him sleep. With something that is almost a sigh, she reaches out to touch Castile’s dark shoulder.

In an instant they appear in Hyaline.

Dawn colors the mountainous land, but the soft pink of the sky is marred by plumes of smoke. Djinni frowns. What remains of the fire is extinguished, but she does not waste effort clearing away the smoke. It will fade in time.

“What happened?” She asks the tobiano colt beside her, “Who did this?”

all my fragile strength is gone
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

He returns with Nayl at his side.

Amet is numb. Whether from adrenaline, fatigue, terror, or a smattering of the three,he doesn't know or care. He just knows that he needs Nayl and Djinni inside Hyaline. A meeting of the minds, he supposes. One that leaves him entirely outranked but much safer than he could ever be on his own (at least for now, when he is still an inexperienced king with no magical traits in a world of magic). With the Empress at his gilded flank, Amet leads her through the recently destroyed Hyaline with a quiver in his lip.

His hooves fall on soft dirt, where the earth has been churned and roots have been ripped up. Of the trees that still stand, the majority of them were still not lucky enough to be left to their silent existence, instead charred and smokey from Levi's flames.

The scent makes his nostrils flare, but worse still is the scent that permeates from his beloved lake as they move nearer to it. The fish had all been murdered as the lake had boiled, and its usual crystalline surface still looks oddly colored in the very early morning moonlight.

The dispirited king is pleased to see that Castile has returned from Sylva with Djinni so swiftly. Amet can hear the Queen of Slyva questioning Castile as they near, his ears turned forward despite his inner turmoil. He answers her quickly as he comes to a stop, "They call themselves the Lost Boys. More specifically, they were Maugrim, Deathwish, Kolera, Levi, and..." he grimaces, a small pause before he says, "Iset."

He doesn't yet know the girl's involvement, but he knows his sister.

"Molotov. She's a telepath. She read their minds for me, before I left for Nerine."
    Amet

@[Nayl] @[Castile] @[Djinni]
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Nayl didn’t linger within Nerine. A kiss upon Isobell’s poll and a cry from Amet was enough to lure her from the caves and steer her immediately toward Hyaline. The trek was long still, even as neighboring kingdoms, but the travel doesn’t wear on her anymore. Roaming the hills and dunes of Nerine have chiseled her muscles, creating a lithe and powerful empress that moves as fluidly as water next to him. Amet advises her of everything, the invasion, the death, the burning, but it couldn’t prepare her enough for the stench that sinks into the pores of her nostrils. A putrid odor it is, but somehow her face remains stoic until her gaze settles on Djinni moments before taking to her side.

Although she has heard his admission already – the names tumbling from his lips like poison – Nayl listens again, memorizing those names and what they’ve done. Maugrim, Deathwish, Kolera, Levi… Iset.

The silence she holds is deadly.

Her eyes flash to the decaying pond, then to the scorched hillsides, then to Amet and Djinni. What had once been so beautiful, so new, is now withering and spitting ash into the wind. ”My friend,” she glances to the genie, ”are you able to fix this? I can remove the water and empty it into the sea, but then can only replace it with the salt water, not fresh.” A sigh passes her lips, her mind heavy. ”The ground and trees will have to regrow, I imagine. I know no one with a green thumb, unfortunately.” Talking of Hyaline’s fields and pond are a mere distraction until her fiery eyes shift to Amet. They hold onto him steadily, unyielding, as her voice turns to ice. ”I want her fucking removed from the throne.” Her name, Iset, isn’t worthy of being spoken. It is dirt, scum.

”I had a bad feeling about her and this proves it. No Queen would lay harm to her own land, to her own people. She is shit in my eyes. Remove her from the fucking throne, Amet. I refuse to let her have further control of my subkingdom. She should find herself lucky if I don’t get my hands on her.” The earth thunders beneath their feet before quieting into another threatening silence.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina