• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Simple Grey World Looking for Sun to brighten her path.
    Thumbs Up 
    The dapple grey maiden trotted into the unfamiliar ground. The ground trembling under the hooves as she surveyed the scenery. The sun on her back was a pleasant surprise since the nights are alittle colder then the daylight. As she looked around it looked like a good place to set down her hooves and look for a family or a new beginning. She has lived her life out here in the wild. Ever since she was a young filly. Her mother was killed when she was just young. So she had to learn to defend for herself and learn to grow up fast.

The maiden made her way to a stream of water. She looked around to make sure it was safe for her to drink from. As she was new to the area and didn't know what places were safe yet. She lowered her grey head to the water and her dried tired lips touched the cool water. Her brown eyes closed as the taste of tasting water in many weeks filled her mouth. It was good to taste water again she had been traveling many moons to get here. After getting a long deserving drink. She lifted her head to take in more of her scenery. It was a quiet place not many of her kind here. Flies started attacking her grey pelt. She used her grey tail to swish them away. A nice dip in the water might keep these pests away she thought.

Her tired legs carried her into the calm waters. She went chest deep. It felt good on her cuts from the brush and the scars from trying to stay alive from predators that wanted her for a snack. She submerged her body into the cool water. Cleaning her pelt that almost made her look like a Dark Grey. When in fact she was almost white. It felt to be clean. She stood up shook off the remaining water. She felt her strength slowly coming back to life as her long legs carried her out. She found a nice tree with shade under it. Water dripping from her as she made her way to shade.

She finally made her way to the tree. She was more exhausted then she thought. "Maybe stay here a while to regain her strength" She lowered her head and tasted the green lush grass beneath her. It felt good to taste food and to have it in her stomach again. She was alittle rough on the edges. She was alittle skinny. Life hasn't always been easy for her. But it never dampened her spirit. After a good feast on lush grass, she pushed her rump up against the tree. Looking around her surroundings daydreaming of what life she could have here. Before she knew it she was dozing off in the shade.

There comes a time in a man's life when he returns to the scene of his crime; or birth, it's the same sort of thing. Amnesia never wanted the stain upon earth that was Nier, she never wanted the demon spawn that lurked and wouldn't leave. But here he was, his silver body materialising and disappearing, over and over. Invisibilty never for old, same old party trick that was willing to scare off the masses that knew nought of Beqanna's Magic. It just so happened that he trod on that vein of magic, or well, his mother had.

Nier was smooth, his alabaster pelt shimmering almost against the White meadow, his dark eyes narrowing, watching. He was born in this land, as was most of his siblings. He wondered him his mother still lurked in the background, like some broken ornament on the shelf no one wants but picks up all the time. He snorted. His dark wings ruffling by his grey sides as he hovered along, nostrils puffing gently, taking in the smells. Women, women everywhere.

He is cool as a cucumber, lazy like the sloth demon. He lived to terrorise, but found it too much work sometimes. He liked easy prey. And looked like he found some. Prey. Kitten. Lady. He didn't know what to call her but he saw her dappled hide against the White backdrop. He watched as he bobbed along, wings lazily moving his mass along.

What would be entirely different? He couldn't care about the kingdoms. He heard about them on the grapevines. Too much work. Too many busybidies... What about a herd? Could the sloth demon cope with a herd of fawning women? The thought interested him as he glided along. Oh he was quite handsome, rugged and smooth, he could attract the fair, perhaps even his own gender if it came to it, but he didn't care. Not much sparked him, maybe this would. He strolled closer to the onyx lady and then bobbed onto the ground. He had conquered Gemstone Ridge and have one... Companion, but said companion needed friends and Nier needed a niche following to help inflate his ego, and life's meaning.

"Hello, Pet."  he purrs, his voice anything the ladies wanted. A brilliant actor the demon was.

"Care for some company?

n i e r;
    tyrael x amnesia
    The winged invisible sloth demon
    Awakening from her short slumber the scent of her scenery has changed. Someone had approached her but she didn't see anyone. She raised her light neck looked around her brown eyes searching for where the words were coming from. She moved from the shadows letting the sunlight shine on her almost snow white pelt. Her body was still in relax mode when her eyes caught a winged creature. She was nervous because she was new and didn't know anyone yet.

"Y..yes? Can I help you? I am of no threat just looking for a home for myself"

She heard him word out if she wanted company. He seemed like he seemed nice but she wasn't going to put her guard down. Maybe he could see her weakened shape from months of traveling. What did he want with her? But she wanted to make a new home so she didn't want to scare him away. She hated being alone, she wanted companionship.

"yes I would love to have some company" She stepped closer to the winged creature. Not sure what he was but she caught her curiosity. He intrigued her, she could feel her heart racing with excitement she didn't know what it was. She looked over him he was the same color as she was. Bigger build, he has some scars she didn't know if they were from fighting or he had a rough life just as she did. She was a shy maiden but once she warmed up she was a very loyal companion. She wasn't thrilled with being bossed around because she never had to be bossed around. Everything was a new adventure, every turn was something new for her to learn. Since she had to raise herself since a yearling.

"What is your name? Winged Creature? And what are you?" She asked in her curiosity.
    He noted things when he wanted, like for instance he noticed her fair form was a little on the bony side; a tough little start to life, had she? He also noticed her first entitle reaction. A little timid here, a little paranoid there. His dark eyes watched her, curious for a few passing moments. Idly his tail brushed his hocks, his wings folding by his side. He'd shown his oddity, his 'angel's grace'. Pulling them close to his side they were out of the way. His invisibility shrouded for now. She was a jumpy little thing and if he had any chance of gaining her, he had to tone it down some.

"Pet, I can see you're no threat." he murmurs, low, calm. His black tipped ears circling his poll, listening around for any signs of competition. When he was satisfied they were alone he took a cautious step forward, his muzzle lower than normal. Oh, the sloth demon wouldn't bite, it would be too much like hard work. But he was starting to feel some form of enjoyment of talking to these fair ladies. He could be a knight in shining armour for a while. His armour might be chipped and dented, but it still worked. Some Shakespearean Actor, he swept centre stage.

"Cold nights are not for loneliness, Pet. There's a lot of creatures out there that would see your pretty little head for supper." his eyes were firm for a while, but the tautness in his jaw broke with a less strained chuckle.

"I won't bite." he affirmed, stepping a little closer, arching his neck an inch, inhaling her. She was such a timid little thing, he wondered what would happen if she did follow him back to the ridge. Would she be so flighty as to cause herself harm? he shook his head involuntarily, wisps of grey mane falling over his face.

"These things?" he gestured with his muzzle to each side of him, his oddity, his wings. "Don't worry about these, Pet. I was born with them. You should see some of the sights that Beqanna have cursed others with..." he laughs here, a little softness in his voice to break her paranoia, her skittishness. Outstretching his muzzle he gave a low whicker.

"I'm Nier. And you?"

n i e r;
    the SNAKES start to SING
    tyrael x amnesia
    the winged, invisible sloth demon
    Hearing his gentleness in his voice calmed her. She wanted to know more about him, she started turning into the mare she was. The kindhearted and loyal companion, She circled him scoping him out, the wind blowing in her mane as she walked around him. Pressing her muzzle against his pelt testing him and making sure he was real and not her imagination, since its been so long since she say anyone else. Looking at him he looked handsome and knew what he wanted in life. However there was something missing in his life. She couldn't put her hoof on it but. Her tail swished against her legs as she stopped and stepped closer to him.

"My name is Lightning Blue Star, but you can call me Star" She turns her head looks at her body then at his. What did he see in a skinny ugly maiden mare who's had a rough life? She was nothing but skin and bones, she wants to fill out and see how she has developed over the years. The only time she's ever seen her self is through a reflection in the river.

"i don't wish to be anyones dinner Nier, I've raised myself since I was a yearling so I can defend for myself" She said with a more confident response. The real star was slowly showing up, she was also confident and knew what she wanted in life. She wanted a family to call her own maybe some babies of her own and maybe a stallion to one day fall for.

"You say you wont bite, but will I? She snickered trying to sound funny. Trying to lighten up the meeting, "Forgive me for making a joke" She looks at his folded wings, nudges them curious about them. Its almost like bird wings and he can fly. I bet he can see some amazing things with these. Her eyes start to get a glimmering look to them as she started to be completely comfortable around him.  "I've been on the move for many moons, it would be nice not to be so lonely anymore, share someones world with, or they can show me there world? Having someone around and a place to call home is something I've only dreamed about"
    A transformation occurred before him, if only small and if only brief, he noticed it. She grew a little in stature, and in confidence. As though he had been some winter's dream on a cold night, she had blinked and nearly forgotten him in an instant, but now, the longer he stood there, the more real he was to her. A cool smirk pulled at his lips, toying with becoming a smile rather than a sneer. He listened, ears twitching, eyes watching and nostrils flaring. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. the uncanniness of finding another 'Star'. He nodded slowly, catching her words, her soft chuckle. It lit the cold field with a little bit of a fire, as she seemed to awake from her dullness. Nier wanted to be able to snap like that, to shift like a chameleon through moods and feelings. But he made do with what he was, and he wasn't all bad. Perhaps the brute was biased, maybe so.

"That's quite a mouthful." he commented, with a little glint in his eye. "Your mother must have had one sense of humour." a little snark never harmed anyone, but he reined it in a bit. "Star. It's short and snappy." he blew a quaky breath, tossed his head a bit to rid of snow flurries and stiffened as she touched him.

He wasn't one for touch, no so often. His dam had never wanted to, never showed him a gentle encouraging nudge to the hide as he took his first steps. He was, to her, a hellion in all aspects. She even told him as much, but he shrugged it off. He was a handsome, strapping lad, from a young age he understood he could charm, he could manipulate but he could also try his hand, or hoof, at befriending.

"Ahh, another independant maiden. I can fully understand growing up on your own. A little compliment..." he edged closer and brought his muzzle closer to her face, he was careful as to not worry or concern her with his closeness, but the smooth and charming grin on his face should have been reassuring. "All the best learn the hard way." he gave a wink of his black lashes and took a step back, giving her some room and some personal space. his ears twitching, listening, his mind absorbing her words.

"Joke away, Star. A little bit of wit is never a bad thing." he added, then turned on the sixpence, his heels bringing themselves underneath him. Lazily he stretched one wing, and then the other. he could never stand for too long, his feet ached. That is what laziness did, made you bone-idle when it came to walking on the earth.

"I have a little piece of paradise I call home, if you'd care to accompany me? I have another little lady, like yourself. BrokenStar. So you would never be alone. Plus,' he turned closer, extending his muzzle to gently touch her side, her thin barrel. "You could use some of the lush grasses that are coming through already." his eyes brightened, behind them were questions, a few doubts, but the brute pushed them aside. He was working this well, this knight behaviour. How long could he keep it up before a mask started to crack?

He'd already lived most of his life like that, a few more days were bound to be easy.

"No strings attached. If you don't wish to follow me, then I can wait until another catches your eye -- but I'm afraid I would be far more picky than you, with whom took you under their wing." another reassuring wink and he was all set in stone. The ball was in Star's court now, and Nier had quite the amazing backhand...

n i e r;
    the SNAKES start to SING
    tyrael x amnesia
    the winged, invisible sloth demon
    Studying his ever changing moods. It kinda made her head spin alittle trying to keep up with all his moods. But she liked him something about him was hidden under that darkness and hardship she was intriqued to find out what it is. She stepped closer to him as he touched her. She nuzzled him back pressing her muzzle against his pelt. Look at him listening to his welcoming words to his land. "i would be honored to follow you to your homeland" She smirked alittle as he lifted off "remember I don't have wings so take it slow us four legged move slower then those with wings" she parted her muzzle and smiled.

She slowly followed him, watching him he was so elegant how he moved, it almost seemed like they had the same upbringing. We both had a rough foalhood growing up. Her legs once again moved along the ground. This time with more energy. Her mane and tail flowing behind her as she followed him.

Her sleek but boney body really wanted to become herself again. She wanted to fill out and not be so horrible looking. She couldn't wait to see what awaited her around the next corner with this new life. As they traveled to his home she couldn't keep her eyes off this mystical creature. Something about him was really drawing her to him. She couldn't figure it out yet. But she couldn't wait to find out.

OOC: should I make a post in your land or do you?
    OOC: You can make a post there if you'd like? Smile

Shall I ask for LightningBlueStar to be added to his herd or is she just stopping by temporarily? Smile

IC:

"Wise choice." he smirked, a broad little grin with a little too much teeth. His chuckle broke all menacing appearance and he lowered himself back to the ground -- if only this mare knew he did not do this for just about anyone. Using four feet in succession instead of the ease of wings.

"Of course. But You don't understand how little I walk; if I get tired along the way, I'm afraid you might have to carry me." he chortled, a loud grunt and tossed his head. His touch was foreign to him, he stiffened a little more, shoulders taut, neck arched. He had a lot go getting used to. Herd life. Mares. A bit of responsibility... the sloth demon had a lot cut out for him now. Nier wondered if he was really capable.
    OOC: Okay can do

And you can add her to the herd list.

IC:

Star snickered alittle at what he said. "Walking is good for you anyway" she snickered smileing, it felt good to be herself again. And you will make it back without a problem. Your touch enough, I will be there to encourage you onward. She pressed her body against his to help him along. Feeling his muscular build against her skinny bony form. I tougher then I look you know she smirked.