• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh Look! Dry land!~ (Kerberos/Reilly, any)
    “Baby girl.” I nudged her gently, lowering my head to look her in the eye. “Of course it probably wasn’t on purpose. But there’s nothing wrong with telling her she got your name wrong. We don’t tell her now, maybe her whole kingdom’s calling you the wrong name, and it’s a hell of a lot more hassle to correct twenty people than one, yeah? You’re worth the effort of getting your name right, even if it causes her a little embarrassment. No censure on her, just a fact. Now she knows it, and I’m betting she won’t forget it.”

No kid of mine should go through life not knowing for sure how very much she’s worth.

Mini lecture done, I look our guest over again. “Okay. That’s...interesting. But--” Aaaand before I can finish that thought, our newest visitor joins the party. “Sounds...charming.” I give him a nice, thorough once over while he looks at his...compatriot, or whatever, and then eyes up my daughter. Not, I think, in a lascivious way. He’s hard to read, what with the blank face and the absolute lack of emotion in his eyes. But at least probably he’s not dumb enough to be ogling my daughter as his first move.

And then he’s looking me over, again with the blank red stare. “That’s nice. Or, well, ashy. Whatever works for you. So here’s the thing. I know your name, and where you live, and that’s great and all. But I don’t actually know fuck-all about you, so why the shit would I tell you any of that? I stand right fuckin’ here, is where. Who I’m friends with and who I’m not, that’s really none of your damn business on account of I don't know you. And coming in and asking about it without so much as a hey, nice to meet you, lovely weather we’re having, here, have a nice shiny rock as a token of our goodwill or whatever, well. Not really the best way to get somebody to want to confide in you, is it? Kind of intrusive, huh?”

I raise a brow, looking him over from head to toe again. “And I’m sure that’s some nice fire you’ve got there or whatever, but hey, bit of advice? Not the most chill way to make a good first impression. How ‘bout we try this again, shall we? Hey there. I’m Kerberos. I watch over Ischia, along with my friend Reilly. Good to know you’re in charge of Tephra. Should we ever have any beef with someone who belongs there, we’ll come have a chat with you, hm? If any of us are inclined to make a visit, we’ll try to be a bit more with the oh, I don’t know, friendly. Now. As muscle-bound and lickable as you may look, I’m really not in the mood for molten metal today, so if you could either turn that shit down or go back where you came from, that’d be great. We mean you and yours no harm, and we’re not interested in getting caught up in anyone else’s bullshit so we’d appreciate the same. Just want to raise some kids in peace on our little island here. Does that answer your question?”

((...oh my god Kirby why? :| I...loooool I'm sorry.))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Oh Look! Dry land!~ (Kerberos/Reilly, any) - by Offspring - 07-02-2017, 07:45 PM
    RE: Oh Look! Dry land!~ (Kerberos/Reilly, any) - by Kerberos - 07-03-2017, 12:33 AM
    RE: Oh Look! Dry land!~ (Kerberos/Reilly, any) - by Offspring - 07-04-2017, 03:51 PM