• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Little Miss Kali
    Kali grimaced and wrinkled her nose. “Oh ew, no, I for sure don’t want a baby. That’s how you get a baby, from touching and stuff? Is that how come Mom and Daddy had me, ‘cause of how good it feels? Do you have to have a baby, or can you do the rest without a baby? I don’t think I want a baby ever, or at least not for a very long time, but does that mean I can’t ever -- oh hey, what’s mating mean?”

It felt really nice, Roma playing with her hair, all cozy and snuggly. Probably if they’d been talking about anything else, Kali would’ve closed her eyes and laid her head on Roma’s shoulder and had a good long cuddle. Instead, she looked up at Roma with wide, bright eyes, already putting together a list of a million questions to ask. “Good, I’m glad you feel that way, because I’ve got lots of questions.”

And she probably would’ve launched into at least seven of them without pausing for a breath, but Roma’s next words and the look in her pretty gold eyes had Kali’s endless stream of questions drying up abruptly. She opened her mouth to answer, to deflect, but no words came out. Instead, she just bit her lip and looked down, not really sure what to say. She’d promised it was a secret, and she wouldn’t break a promise to Khari. But she didn’t want to lie either, not to Roma for sure.

Darn it, it wasn’t fair. If it hadn’t been for that one little word, secret, she would’ve been able to smile a shy, sneaky little smile and nod and tell her friend all about it, like probably girls were supposed to be able to do, right? Talk to each other about boys and kisses and things? Get all fluttery again thinking about it, be happy and excited and maybe a little bit embarrassed but share anyhow and it’d make them closer, like best friends.

“Um.”

She blushed, pulling away from Roma, ducking her head and hiding her face. Maybe she could answer without saying too much, without giving away the secret part, though she wasn’t really sure which part was supposed to be secret. “Well.” Couldn’t lie, couldn’t tell, she just curled up in a miserable little ball and didn’t say anything. For a long moment, she just sat, fighting with herself, wanting to answer and talk about it, wanting to keep the secret, wanting to change the stupid subject and go back to talking about fun things instead.

Good secrets felt good. They were fun and sneaky and happy, and she felt good and sneaky and happy--when she was with Khari. She still would, if he hadn’t said she couldn’t tell. Well except Roma said family wasn’t supposed to touch like that. “No,” she said softly, not meeting Roma’s eyes. But the lie made her feel wrong inside, made her feel bad. “Maybe. Not on purpose; we were just playing, and--” She snuck a peek up at Roma, just a quick little darting eye contact. She sighed, deflating a little. “And then it felt different and new and good and I liked it a lot and don’t be mad, okay? I didn’t know about the baby thing, or waiting until I'm older, or that there’s things you’re only supposed to do with some people and not others.”
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Messages In This Thread
    Little Miss Kali - by Roma - 06-27-2017, 08:23 PM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Kali - 06-28-2017, 10:50 AM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Roma - 06-28-2017, 06:59 PM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Kali - 06-28-2017, 08:22 PM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Roma - 07-01-2017, 07:20 AM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Kali - 07-01-2017, 05:39 PM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Roma - 07-02-2017, 09:47 AM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Kali - 07-02-2017, 06:20 PM
    RE: Little Miss Kali - by Roma - 07-04-2017, 07:35 AM