• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long and good night; any
    let me tell you something baby,
    you love me for everything you hate me for
    She felt like she had just been vindicated from one crime and placed on another. Although the guilt of running away from her dysfunctional 'family' had been resolved, she found herself rather perturbed with her lack of purpose now in life. She had been assigned or asked, rather, to join the army of Tephra but was it truly her place? It was no Chamber, the place she had been left to die at the moment she took her first breath. She had lived, bled, cried, sweat, and loved (dare she say?) all in the thicket of the Chamber's ashen trees.  She missed her home and a part of it would always be missing from her but she would not stray from Tephra for quite some time but it doesn't deny her mind (and legs) from wandering. It is then that she is unsure if she is experiencing an olfactory hallucination with the waning of the day but she smells something familiar; something from the Chamber.

It is no surprise the dip dyed mare increases her pace, a full gallop of pitch black fading into dark indigo painted across the sunset. Was it Warship? Although even then, her heart sunk with guilt, shame...and anger. She steadies herself as her haunches slide beneath her to slow, the dust particles floating up and around her in the golden hour. She sees no Warship but the ex general does see a wolf in sheep's clothing and one that she'd met before. Gryffen she spits like venom, a woman like Kimber never forgets a face, especially one she may or may not have slain in her mind. He, too, was from the Chamber once upon a time but disappeared when things grew tough and as she slinks forward to the pair, stoic and with precision she catches his ending. We might be able to help to help each other. She scoffs, blowing out at the end of his statement.

"If by help you mean use and leave for dead then sure, Gryffen is just the man for cause," she is curt, wasting no time to give the wolf a stern gaze - Kimber may be born from a lion and a demon, she may face her own personal hell but she was no sheep. More of a shepherd, if you will. "I doubt he remembers me, we're all just pawns in his little head games - I'm Kimber. Say you," she throws her head towards blue roan, "I've watched you for the time you've been here - I can make a guess at your weaknesses, Gryffen preys on them. Maybe being a dog scrapping for slivers of meat on bones appeals to you but my intuition would be to differ, what is it you're looking for in the dark of night with terrors lurking."

If there was nothing else about her, you knew where you stood with her - she either tolerated you or she despised you and the chances of you moving from one column to the other were quite slim so first impressions were important. She watches the red eyed stallion, calculating and observing him and any physical damage he may have endured. One could never know how powerful someone else was. Kimber hated magicians, this man had several on his side that she didn't know. There is always an inherent risk for speaking what you know, what you feel but she would die before she ever hushed her mind to save face.

Messages In This Thread
    so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 06-28-2017, 07:39 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Gryffen - 06-29-2017, 03:48 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Kimber - 06-29-2017, 04:44 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 07-05-2017, 09:00 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Gryffen - 07-05-2017, 09:31 PM