• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ivar;

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    When they had last met, she’d been more cautious. Rightfully so, of course, but Ivar does like that her defensive wing falls away to reveal a smile. He follows its descent with curious eyes, and wonders if letting it hang down is any more or less comfortable than tucking it against her back. When she asks if he’d swam all the way here he looks up again to meet her gaze, his head tilting curiously. Before he can answer she’s blushing, and Ivar realizes that she must know the answer.

For a moment, he’d wondered if she even remembered him.

It’s been quite some time, after all. With the exception of his failed foray, they’ve not seen each other since they were children. She’d been smaller then, and she echoes that precise thought as she steps closer. Ivar - who had already not been moving much - holds his breath and waits. She takes another step, close enough that if he were to stretch (stretch very far) he might touch her.

He does not, of course, because she might run away.

“Of course I do,” answers the young stallion. “Azar, daughter of a bear.”

Though he’d not considered it before, he wonders if that is the reason behind her quiet words. Is her bear of a father nearby? Is he watching them? Ivar does not see anyone, and there are no sounds in the forest that are out of place. Still, he peers into the shadow with dark eyes for a rather long moment before looking back to Azar.

He could try again, he realizes.

It wouldn’t be hard to take her out of the Taiga, just across the border to his own woods. His youthful ego suggests that she might even be willing, but he’s seen enough trees taking on Sylvan colors to know that that is the autumn talking.

“I came to see you, before.” He tells her, unsure both of why he does so and how she might react. “Someone stopped me, but I wanted to see you.” He doesn’t add that it was Ruan, the king, and that the tongue lashing Motyher had given him when she’d found out still stung a little. “Did you know?”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    Ivar; - by Azar - 06-29-2017, 05:33 PM
    RE: Any; - by Ivar - 07-01-2017, 03:03 PM
    RE: Any; - by Azar - 07-28-2017, 03:01 PM
    RE: Ivar; - by Ivar - 08-18-2017, 12:35 PM
    RE: Ivar; - by Azar - 08-20-2017, 08:50 PM